RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

had a cracking first race with Neil :becky: i gave him some accidental taps along the way, but he's a good clean racer..

Race 2 found me using nitro for the start, i think it was 3 a breast but i was too busy looking for somewhere to go. Had a battle with a few people, mainly James Yates! He was quicker than me anyway, so i really had to defend ALL the time! But on the last lap he got me, but i got him back with a "nudge" that allowed a few cars too pass. Sorry James Yates!

well second race was better than 1st for me, no lag issues that time, but didnt drive well (though I did manage to finish!) in about 14th I think. Enjoyable session though, definately some more practice on that circuit methinks!

It was a nice event, thank you Yves for setting this up!

Quali: on my last lap I was 1 second better in sector 2, but I made some mistakes in the last sector and could only improve 0,3 sec. 16 place for me.
Race1: Nice race, had a great start, was going 8th/7th almost all race! Finished 7th, but somebody left I think so it became 6th.
Race2: Started from 3rd, didn't get it really right, some people passed me! At the hairpin Oliver hit me and I gone into another car, then a little back and I think Neil was there and I spun. I had to let the whole field pass me as I was heading the wrong way. Neil waited there for me too! Then I had some nice battles until the end, almost every lap I was defending against Neil/Luc. They both passed me but made mistakes later:) Finished 10th, it was good I think.

Thank again!

Qualied P12

Race 1: Good Start T1 and T2 taken smoothly. No body contact until T4-5 i think. I locked up went off the grass then quite nervously back on track. Later i found the pace, Pull up to about 8th place. At lap 6th i locked up and crashed to wall. Result of that i was DNF.

Race 2: Completely mess up start from 19th down to 24th as it turns out it was good because i was passing all the cars which was included in some incidents. Then from 13th up to 10th by some superb pace. I payed the price at last 2 laps. I can't hold off lost 3 places. When i was dropping to 12th i have some brilliant racing side by side with Luc. Good race very entertaining and rollercoaster for me.

Well, that was frustrating...
Quali didn't go too well, claimed 11th spot but it was very close between 6th & 11th.

1st race, got up to 6th with somme nice fights along the way, especially with Peter Bartfai. Very clean and close! Was loooking forward to starting the 2nd race from 3rd spot on the grid, when I ran out of fuel in the final lap!!:pissed-off: The fuel consumption estimate in the setup screen is way off if you ask me.

2nd race : Started from quite far on the grid. Was having a consistent and reasonnably quick race when I started to experience multiple screen freezes, some of them several seconds long!! This cost me a lot of positions, not to mention that it's nearly impossible to concentrate under such circumstances.
The good side of it is that it gave me the pleasure to have several nice fights again with Peter (fight, pass, freeze, Peter passes, fight, pass, freeze, etc.). Again, Peter you've been extremely clean in our battles.
Also a nice close fight with Max-Yvan.
The freezes continued to happen to a lesser extent during the whole race and I finished 11th.

So the end result could have been much better with a bit more luck but I had great fun tonight driving these cars around this track.
Thanks everyone and especially to the organisers.

It was a nice event, thank you Yves for setting this up!

Quali: on my last lap I was 1 second better in sector 2, but I made some mistakes in the last sector and could only improve 0,3 sec. 16 place for me.
Race1: Nice race, had a great start, was going 8th/7th almost all race! Finished 7th, but somebody left I think so it became 6th.
Race2: Started from 3rd, didn't get it really right, some people passed me! At the hairpin Oliver hit me and I gone into another car, then a little back and I think Neil was there and I spun. I had to let the whole field pass me as I was heading the wrong way. Neil waited there for me too! Then I had some nice battles until the end, almost every lap I was defending against Neil/Luc. They both passed me but made mistakes later:) Finished 10th, it was good I think.

Thank again!

Just looking at the replay. I came in on the inside as you entered wide and I held my line. Then you closed in which meant that we touched on the front wing of the car and made you bounce off. Just wanted to clarify that.

Don't worry too much Rob, good thing that you waited :)

Won the first race after leading most of it, pretty clean racing throughout - made a bit of a mistake on the exit of turn 11 and went across turn 12 sideways - perfectly lined up with the next straight though so i carried on without losing much time.

Second race was more eventful - started in 8th and managed to avoid the chaos at the start moving me up behind Rob and Olly. Had a good battle with them for the next few laps until i got past Olly who then made a few mistakes dropping back to Daniel. Then i had the difficult task of trying to pass Rob who managed to defend on all the corners of the track, i did notice that he braked earlier than me at the first corner so i had to set myself up to get a run on him up to turn 1. Going onto the last lap i was alongside and managed to make the move stick around the outside. Unfortunately Rob then spun me around on the next corner which put me back in 3rd which was where i ended up finishing.

1 2 finish overall for FT| Racing :)

Qualy: Pole for me with 1:50:1xx:laugh2::dance2: was a bit surprised because I learnd the track just 1h before :dance2:

Race1: Totaly messed up the start lol, from p1 to p5 :doh:. Then I was pushed from behind and kissed the wall :kiss2: going left insted of right LOL. Suspension damaged :doh: Tryed to regain a few places to get the pole for the next race. Bumped Jeroen off track :doh: sorry for that. Waited but as I saw you entering pitlane I accelerated. Regaind to p8 :dance2: that was my goal. But then I look at fuel usage and :crying: :sinister: on lap 10 I was with 2l left, omg totaly wrong calculated :doh:. Went for a few liters into box and p13 on end. :doh::doh::doh:

Race2: After that race 2 could only be better. Good start and after the cars infront had some trouble p5. Managed to get pass Fernando. p4 :victory:
Then tryed to follow the first 3 but they was very fast lol 2-3 sec I was behind all the time. Was funny watching you batteling for p1 haha :hug-right:. Then James with mistake and felled behind me but no way to stay infront of him. Then Oliver with mistake and I managed to overtake him. Tryed then to defend my p3 the last 2laps, but Oliver was very fast and late on the brakes. Side on side driving :handshake::dance2: very funny. Then he was able to overtake me the last lap. Then suddenly the first 2 in trouble. James driving bakesides LOL and Rob standing on the outside. Tryed to push all out off the car for the victory. Blincking with headlights and with a good line towards the last courner I was close, but not close enouth to overtake. Grats Oliver for victory :handshake:

cool driving with you all, see you next time :handshake:

Good fun!

Qualified 8 I think and ended up 9. Did a lot of mistakes during the race:) I'm not that used to close racing yet and drive really slow when I have other cars around me.

2nd race I made some mistakes but ended up 7th I think. The Alfa was a very nice car and the track was awesome. At the end I still hadn't figured out how to take the S-combo in turn 6/7.

I thought I pushed Max-Yvan Liegrace off the track in 1st race, but I see now there was no contact:good: I think we both just braked rather late at T1.

Thanks RD and Yves Larose

great couple of races on a great track and it was good to see such an even mix of cars with 13 alfa's and 12 bmw's on the grid.

Qualified in 6th and got off to an ok start as i crept up to 4th after only half a lap and from there on in it was a constant battle with Rob to keep him behind me and he really made me work to keep that place and i enjoyed every minute of it.
It is a tricky track and the curbs are very nasty as Ben found out when he mounted one and gifted me 3rd and Oliver very nearly gifted me 2nd as he spun the bmw on the last corner on the very last lap which made for very close finish for 2nd, 3 rd & 4th but i was happy to hang on for 3rd as Rob looked the faster as the race wore on but he seemed to be down a bit on straight line speed so it made for an interesting race.

Race 2 was a bit hairy at the start and i could do nothing to avoid the almost stationary car of Peter and i hit his back quarter spinning him, then Jeroen hit me spinning me, so it was back to last place as i waited for Peter to rejoin.
After that it was some good scraps back up to 11th place but i could do nothing to avoid the spinning car of Max-Yvan as he mounted the curb and spun in front of me, so i had to sit there and wait for the traffic to pass before i could rejoin again in 14th, but i did manage to catch up to Max-Yvan again and nicked 12 place from him before the line :laugh2:

So all in a good fun night which was only marred by some lag from a couple of guys, so thnx to all who made it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back