Mexico Gran Premio 1967

Tracks Mexico Gran Premio 1967 v1.11

Login or Register an account to download this content
Very nice track but as per my review, here are the issues I mentioned:

Tyres getting cut off at the bottom, making it look like cars are floating. Surprised nobody else mentioned this, it's really obvious. In the same image you can see some of the 'spectator walls' are unnaturally dark too. These people are in sunlight like the armco barrier, but look like they are in shadow. Others around the track are lit correctly.

Screenshot_alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_4thgpmexico67_23-2-120-9-25-24.jpg

Small detail, but in this image there's a misplaced flag, not quite attached to the flagpole.

Screenshot_alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_4thgpmexico67_23-2-120-9-24-33.jpg

Balloons are incomplete, static and overlap each other. The standard RTB balloon design is also pretty awful.

Screenshot_alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_4thgpmexico67_23-2-120-9-26-26.jpg

I'm pimping my own stuff here but you'd get a much better result by removing the balloons from the track model entirely and adding a few dynamic ones from here:

You can adjust the numbers and locations of the balloons very easily and remove the blimp if you want - you don't need to have all of them filling the sky. I'll even do some vintage designs for you to suit this track if you like, or you can just substitute the standard Kunos patterned designs in to replace any of the modern branded ones.

Last edited:
I don't seem to have the tires issue though (same car used)...
I thought this might be the case as it's really obvious to me. Must be one of the gazillion CSP settings I have active. Any ideas?
Haven't noticed it on any other tracks though, hence why I thought it was an issue just with this one.

I thought this might be the case as it's really obvious to me. Must be one of the gazillion CSP settings I have active. Any ideas?
Haven't noticed it on any other tracks though, hence why I thought it was an issue just with this one.
Well, as you already pointed out: it is indeed most probably due to one of the gazillion CSP settings. Sadly I have no clue where to look.

Forgot to add until reminded - the distant environment/horizon is also very dark.

Screenshot_alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_4thgpmexico67_23-2-120-10-48-38.jpg

Sorry for sounding pedantic about these issues - it's only because I think you have the makings of a very good track here.
:)

If you can fix these, I'd appreciate it.
If you can remove the balloons from the model I'm happy to add some new dynamic ones.
I can't seem to create a skin though to adjust some of the shaders - I just get an error in CM. Might be due to its RTB origins? I guess someone could adjust them with a config.
I think you'll have to adjust the tyres getting clipped by the road at source though, if this is indeed a general issue and not just down to my own CSP settings. It'd be useful if other people could comment on this.

Forgot to add until reminded - the distant environment/horizon is also very dark.

View attachment 351557

Sorry for sounding pedantic about these issues - it's only because I think you have the makings of a very good track here.
:)

Also, as I remember it, the far horizon was filled with undulating mountain peaks. Here, it looks like a flat plateau. I could be wrong (it was half a century ago).

Last edited:
Installed the track yesterday and i can confirm there is a problem with the tires/wheels. At some areas the look like cut off on the bottom. Drove with the GPL cars (67 f1)
I am using also SOL. But i guess its not the problem. Other tracks do not have such issue.
Would be cool to get an update. Its an very nice track!

Thanks for the updates, but the file structure is slightly wrong - you have two folders in the zip, 'content' and 'extensions'. The second one should be 'extension' (without the 's').
I think you need to change this and re-upload to avoid a lot of unnecessary questions.

Happy to report that the tyres now sit on the tarmac without being clipped and the horizon is lighter. Many thanks.
Again, if you want to remove those three overlapping RTB balloons from the model I'll do you some dynamic balloons with random placement and new branding for this track.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea