MECA CUP1, HE Ultimates, or Simworx

Looking for some opinions on MECA CUP1, HE Ultimates, or Simworx pedals. I've watched a bunch of reviews and they all seem to be positive so its not helping much.

I currently run HE Sprints and want to upgrade. I've been leaning towards the Ultimates mainly because of HE's customer support and I know they would mount easily to my P1-X rig. but have read about issues with the rubbers squeaking and I think that would drive me nuts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

These are worth a serious look, if I was after new pedals I think these would be at the top of the list. I've looked at a lot pedal reviews and these impressed me the most. I've been in aircraft engineering all my life so have a good understanding of quality engineering. I would stay clear of hydraulic pedals because of potential leaks, personally can't see the point, it's only hydraulic at one end of the chain where as real life it's at the calliper end as well as the pedal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I should have a set of Simtrecs arriving in the next week or so and happy to report back once up and running.

I originally ordered a set of Meca's until I saw Barrys review of the Simtrecs, immediately cancelled my Meca order and placed a preorder with them. A bit more money but the difference in material and finish I think is far greater than the difference in price. I do not expect to be disappointed in the slightest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I should have a set of Simtrecs arriving in the next week or so and happy to report back once up and running.

I originally ordered a set of Meca's until I saw Barrys review of the Simtrecs, immediately cancelled my Meca order and placed a preorder with them. A bit more money but the difference in material and finish I think is far greater than the difference in price. I do not expect to be disappointed in the slightest.
I would definitely like to hear your verdict on these pedals, looking forward to your verdict, lucky you.

Upvote 0
I just watched Barry's video of the Simtrecs, they are pretty impressive from the looks of the construction and the presentation. I had it narrowed down to the Simworx or Ultimates but now its back to three

Upvote 0
Looking for some opinions on MECA CUP1, HE Ultimates, or Simworx pedals. I've watched a bunch of reviews and they all seem to be positive so its not helping much.
I've come to the conclusion when its too difficult to decide due to lack of negatives its a no lose scenario

Get the ones you like the look of best :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I thought I wanted the ultimates until I tried a buddies set of simworx pedals. For me, they have performed really well, easy to use, and look nice. I liked how they were mounted from the factory, but still had adjustability on the pedals. I like my pedals with very little movement and ultra stiff. I had to adjust it almost all the way firm, but found the right feel with room to spare. I think at this level all the pedals are pretty close to each other, seemingly just little differences here and there. Good luck

Upvote 0
I noticed the same in Barry’s review, and even when I pulled them out of the box I was like, ehhh, this isn’t going to work. After installation though, it seems right and I have never thought it since. My priorities were consistency followed by immersion. They are super consistent and I have it where I can apply pressure and hit 85% (give a take a few points +/-) almost every time. The only negative I can think of is the way they have the heel plate mounted. It’s nice and works well, but lacks a bit of height adjustment, which I would like. Not really an issue, just something I wish they would’ve done a bit differently.

Like I said though, most of the pedals at this price point are really good and you can’t go wrong with any of them I think. I did want a hydraulic set originally, but the simworx have done well enough I decided to leave well enough alone.

Upvote 0
Thankfully no, but haven’t really been following any info about them. I definitely stress mine a bunch and they have held up well. I have the firmest rubbers installed, and like a lot of pressure, but I also don’t use a bunch of range, so maybe why I haven’t had an issue.

Upvote 0
Did you ever receive and have a chance to use?
Set them up earlier this week. Still getting used to them and adjusting along with other rig modifications.

I can say for now though that they are fantastic quality and finish. They are beautifully made and very well designed in every respect. They work very well, but honestly, how differently do we expect pedals to work from each other. The software is simple and easy to use.
I like a firmish pedal with a little bit of travel. I am currently running 2 of the softest with one medium rubbers and still very much on the firm side and I’m not one to skip leg day. I suppose my warning is that these are always going to be firm to solid rather than a more wide range of feel.

Upvote 0
Set them up earlier this week. Still getting used to them and adjusting along with other rig modifications.

I can say for now though that they are fantastic quality and finish. They are beautifully made and very well designed in every respect. They work very well, but honestly, how differently do we expect pedals to work from each other. The software is simple and easy to use.
I like a firmish pedal with a little bit of travel. I am currently running 2 of the softest with one medium rubbers and still very much on the firm side and I’m not one to skip leg day. I suppose my warning is that these are always going to be firm to solid rather than a more wide range of feel.
I thought you would be impressed with the quality and finish of the pedals, normally with engineering if it looks right it usually is. Personally I think the Simtrec pedals puts all the other pedals to shame and over priced. So glad your happy.

Upvote 0

Thanks for the feedback I do like a hard brake so that's good for me. I was originally considering going with the new VRS, but I'm going to buy the Simtrecs. Love my VRS DFP though. I'm currently batch 7 or 8, so it'll be 3-4 months for the pedals seems like.

Upvote 0

Did you get them with the optional baseplate from Simtrec? I've pre-ordered these (batch 8), and I'm worried that they might not fit on my P1-X Universal Baseplate.

Judging by the dimensions from Simtrecs and my own measurements of the P1-X Baseplate, they should fit completely snug at 140mm. But that leaves no room for vertical adjustments, so I won't be able to adjust the throttle/brake/clutch to be closer or farther away.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea