Cars McLaren 720S GT3 2019 by whistleblower39 Window issue

I've noticed that the driver side window of the McLaren 720S GT3 2019 by whistleblower39 mod does not show any raindrops, although the windshield and passenger side window does. Any tips on how to fix it? I've fiddled with Blender and KS editor although I'm no expert. It really gets that OCD itch going, so would really appreciate some pointers or help...

PS: Using latest CSP Patreon preview.

I‘m not at my PC rn but can you check in the showroom if the mod has an internal window mesh on that side with the ksWindscreen shader applied?

I‘m not at my PC rn but can you check in the showroom if the mod has an internal window mesh on that side with the ksWindscreen shader applied?
Hi, Thanks for the response. If I recall, it had I side meshes but I'm not at my pc for now either. That being said I also recreated the inside meshes and flipped their normals trying to get things to work. While doing that I have a couple of other challenges that I would need help with of you don't mind? One being that when I change the material shader to kswindshield, the slider and derails on the right window becomes invisible and then the front windshield intermittently allows rain to fall on the dashboard and the left side door panel. I think this has something to do with the fbx persistence file and it looks like these objects may be linked on some level.

@Graham Botha I won‘t have access to a PC with AC installed until Saturday, so I can‘t test stuff. I never noticed missing rain on the side window on the version I have installed tbh. You might take this issue to the GTPlanet AC general mods discussion thread in the meantime, there are lots of knowledgeable people there.

Last edited:

@olifaer
Thank you so much. I'm not in the biggest hurry at the moment and probably won't be in a position to really test and try things properly until the end of the week either. But I'll have a look at the GTPlanet forums too.

@Graham Botha Adding the following bit to the extension\ext_config.ini sets the internal window's shader to ksWindscreen:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = INT_Windows
SHADER = ksWindscreen

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering