MAZDA RX-7 Gr2 & GTU by Brickyard Legends Team

Cars MAZDA RX-7 Gr2 & GTU by Brickyard Legends Team V1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jon c submitted a new resource:

MAZDA RX-7 Gr2 & GTU by Brickyard Legends Team - MAZDA RX-7 Gr2 & GTU by Brickyard Legends Team

Brickyard Legends Team present :
MAZDA RX-7 Gr2 & GTU
The Mazda RX-7 is a sports car produced by the Japanese automaker Mazda from 1978 to 2002. The original RX-7 featured a 1,146 cc (69.9 cu in) twin-rotor Wankel rotary engine and a front-midship, rear-wheel drive layout. The RX-7 replaced the RX-3 (both were sold in Japan as the Savanna).
The original RX-7 was a sports car with pop-up headlamps. The compact and lightweight Wankel rotary engine is situated slightly behind the front axle, a...

Read more about this resource...

I went in and changed all the gtl and GTR in a text editor, but I don't see any body parts or cockpit anywhere. the other cars have a parts folder with those in it.

This is the file

Attachments

• RX7 File.jpg
    RX7 File.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 66
The xxx_cpit.gtr contains the cockpit; xxx_obj.gtr contains "objects"; talent contains helmets, wheels is obvious. The .gtr files in the individual folders contain the skins. (The .gtr files are just containers for the 3d files, textures, etc., they can be opened with GEditor.)

Check that you edited the lines in the .cas file (notepad):
MASFILE=xxx_OBJ.GTR
MASFILE=xxx_TEX.GTR
MASFILE=xxx_WHEELS.GTR
MASFILE=xxx_CPIT.GTR
MASFILE=xxx_TALENT.GTR
MASFILE=STEX.GTL <<do not edit
MASFILE=TALENT.GTL <<do not edit

The last two files need to be copied from GTL to GTR2 and not renamed (GTR2 has its own, with .gtr extension, so you will have both).

For some reason they are not showing up in the showroom. They do show in the listing, just no image of the car.
MASFILE's look good too.
I don't see any windows though, and there is still no separate parts folder that I can see.

Last edited:
For some reason the 3D files are not being read. Try selecting a car even though it doesn't show in the spinner, GTR2 will probably crash, then check the trace file for what isn't being found.

I'll do a conversion here and see what happens.

I had no issues. So... double check...
-MazdaRX7 folder copied to GTR2 teams folder
-.gtl files renamed to .gtr
-.cas files edited to:
MASFILE=MAZDA_RX7_OBJ.GTR
MASFILE=MAZDA_RX7_CPIT_TEX.GTR
MASFILE=MAZDA_RX7_TEX.GTR
MASFILE=MAZDA_RX7_TALENT.GTR
MASFILE=MAZDA_RX7_WHEELS.GTR
MASFILE=MAZDA_RX7_CPIT.GTR
MASFILE=STEX.GTL
MASFILE=TALENT.GTL
-all .car files edited for proper class
-stex.gtl and talent.gtl copied from GTL to the GTR2 teams folder (Gamedata>Teams); the talent file is not needed by this mod but it doesn't hurt to have it there, you might convert other mods that require it. do not rename either of these

Just went thru everything again, after I checked and everything is good, but still not showing image of car and crashes when i try and use it.
I just don't know why it doesn't work.
Bummed I rebuilt two of these and they were a blast to drive, really wanted them ingame.
Thanks for trying though, not sure what else I can do.
BTW I'm putting it in the SCCA mod that wingnut put out If that makes any difference. Great mod BTW If anyones doesn't have it.
Maybe add the GTR2 version to the downloads? With my luck it wouldn't work anyways.

Last edited:
Actually a crash is good; check the trace file after a crash, in the last lines of that will be an error notice, usually "can't find...." or "can't load....", along with the filename.

Since none of the cars are loading, the problem is not with any individual car files, so most likely a graphics problem in the common files - the various .gtr files in the MazdaRX7 folder, or the stex.gtl in the teams folder. The filenames must match exactly what is being called in the .cas file, and the stex.gtl must be in the teams folder not the mod folder (and it must be the file from GTL, copying/renaming the GTR2 file will not work).

But it does work (will probably be one of those "why didn't i see that before" moments).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%