AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Zandvoort - Wed 02 Jan 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What a nice race. I finally got to race online since forever and was glad it was this great. I hadn't a good qualy (9th on the grid) but a decent pace in the race and even with such a big mistake (big spin coming out of the banked right hander. Just a big chung of luck that I didn't take anybody out with me :cry:) and a couple of incidents from others I managed to recover to take 5th in the end. My pitstop in the middle of the race was key, I suppose. I believe I could gain 2 or 3 spots.

I must apologize to @Martijn van Bommel, though. We had a stupid contact for no reason whatsoever. I was one half car in his left and we just bumped doors in the light esses between the left hander hairpin and the banked right hander. My car didn't even flinch, but his span out of sight.

congrats to the podium! and thanks @Craig Dunkley as always for hosting!

To the guy who was asking questions about VR, just do it! It's the only reason I got into sim racing. I'd stop tomorrow if VR support was gone, honestly.

My issues are purely my own creation from always wanting to tinker with stuff needlessly.

Thanks again @Craig Dunkley your resilience and commitment is off the clock, as is your amazing spirit for these events:thumbsup: And the podium guys... congrats, and amazing pace!:confused:

My sincere apologies to anyone affected by my slow start - I think it was everyone! Couldn't understand what was gong on then saw my brake was stuck on.

Cleaned the potentiometers out a few weeks ago but looks like the problem is back, if anyone knows of somewhere to get one before Sunday I'd really appreciate any help (Logitech g920). Would hate to miss Mosport on Sunday:(

Edit: When sat in the pits, 'sat in' with Aki and Anders.... thanks for the lesson, it was quite an eye opener!

Nice race guys overall!!
Wasn't so happy with my own pace, lost to many time on the frontrunners.
Guess some more practise would have helped, but the time for that was not on my site
with all the holiday-days :O_o::)

Congrats to the podium guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good qually,p4 i believe.
Very happy with that :).
Had pb during qually .

Start ok, nothing won , nothing lost.
Was pretty close the top 5 the first few laps.
Then some little battles started between p2 up to p5.
Won a spot and then later lost a spot, and as i tried to slip in behind him i ever so slightly brushed his left rear comming out of t1 and making him spin :(.
Dont know who it was but i’m so sorry,
I thought you where already clear of me,
obviously the front of the mx5 is a little bit longer then i thought :redface:.
Both of us ended up in the gravel loosing a lot
of places.

After that it was a catch up game throughout the field until i got taken out .:(
No hard feelings, again i thought i left enough room but obviously not :D.
Still a great race , looking forward to next week.

Last edited:
This marks almost 4 months of sim racing for me as my first race was with RD running the same exact combo. So last night was a nice moment to reflect on my progress and experience.

Since that first race which seemed so unbelievably hectic by comparison I've improved by 1.5seconds a lap. Being realistic, there's probably another .5 - .7 max I have in me that would come for more driving which would lead to better consistency and connecting corners together. Overall, I'm happy that I've improved and still have room to grow. That last bit will require a lot more mileage and motivation by having guys like @Aksu and @Anders Jensen and others to chase after. Competition is a major motivator for me so I'm glad to have these guys around.

Also, a big thanks to all those who join on a weekly basis. There's always a nice balance of competitiveness and fun. I think it's healthy that tempers do flare up during a race but we can all drink a virtual beer afterwards. To be fair, I might buy a beer hat to drink during long races. Could add to the excitment. I also like this car because it lets me just drive and not have to invest the time in tweaking and tuning cars. That's time I sadly don't have as much as I'd like to learn those elements. Wrapping up, I'm glad this group is always helpful to each other and don't think of driving tips and setups as "state secrets." Unless you're getting paid to do this for a living, just remember, it's for fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back