Matrox TripleHead2Go ?

Hi all been a while since I posted :) but lately Ive been thinking of using my old triplehead2go analog edition, but Im wondering if anyone else here is using it or is it dead now since I havn't seen any posts about it for a long time?
would I need any special hardware to run it, I do remember it ran well the last time I used it and that was for gtr2 my system spec is :-

windows vista business
radeon 5700
Athlon II x4 640 cpu @ 3.00ghz
4gb ram
1 tb hdd

which is probably better than I had then :)

if your Radeon has 3 outputs, you'll get away without using the triple head, if you feel like going SLi you can also do without it. But if neither of the first 2 apply, use it :D

Do try to remember though, it's just an analogue splitter, meaning that the output you card intended for 1 screen, is going across 3, and therefore quality is pretty much divided by 3.

Thats why I used 2 cards with 3 monitors, and SoftTH to run the games. Windows PC knew I was running 3 monitors, and therefore ran my graphics cards to output the right resolution for the 3 monitors, SofTH just enabled me to correct the distance between the screen to sit flush, and to tell the game to output the correct field of view. (Although LFS and a few other games/mods now have this as a standard feature so SoftTH would not be needed if so).

Upvote 0
It seems that since the release of GFX cards that can run three monitors, Matrox have pretty much what you can call a pointless and expensive product.

Shame really, as they paved the way. But thats the way things go sometimes :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replys guys but Im affraid the GFX card only has the two outputs so I think Ill go with the matrox for now, but might consider getting another card in the future :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies