Marshland Tracks - Farms Layout

Tracks Marshland Tracks - Farms Layout 0.93

Login or Register an account to download this content
christoph1954 submitted a new resource:

Marshland Tracks - Farms Layout Rev-0.9 - Long phantasy circuit in the Holstein Marshlands

Remark
While I was working on the CLUB layout, I took a few rides on my bicycle around the location to take some photos to use as background images and came to the conclusion that it would be really nice to have a longer extension for the small track.

This one more like a country road, more “Rallye style”!
View attachment 540299
But with some kind of “Italian charm” with poplar trees along the water and some lanterns etc..
View attachment 540301
I used the line of existing...

Read more about this resource...

This is a lot of fun. Thanks.

One thing: I'm seeing that the power lines don't render until you get quite close to them. At a distance, they don't appear at all. I have render distance set to maximum too, so it's not that. Any thoughts?

By the way, the feel of the road surface is awesome too!

One thing: I'm seeing that the power lines don't render until you get quite close to them. At a distance, they don't appear at all. I have render distance set to maximum too, so it's not that. Any thoughts?

I changed the LOD-setting for the .kn5 file as there was a lot of "flickering" with these thin lines in the air. At least that was my intention - I like it more as it is now for this reason. But it is not really satisfying - so still some work to do.

Last edited:

You can change it quite a big amount by copying the different "physics.kn5" into the main folder - it goes from very gentle to nearly undriveable. Check it out and tell us your favorite - for me it was the "B" setting.

You can change it quite a big amount by copying the different "physics.kn5" into the main folder - it goes from very gentle to nearly undriveable. Check it out and tell us your favorite - for me it was the "B" setting.

I like whatever the default is set to. It allowed me to blast a GT40 around in an exciting, but not crazily treacherous way - and I think it's a great loop for 50's-80's GT cars. I'll give the other physics files a try as well though. Thanks again. :)

christoph1954 updated Marshland Tracks - Farms Layout with a new update entry:

Rev-0.93 Physics mesh with cambered road

Normal country roads have a cambered surface - raised in the middle to remove the rain water into the ditches. So I added a new "physics-folder":
Physic-OFF-light noise & waves&OFF-Camber

Copy the new "Farm-1-physics.kn5" file into the track folder and give it a go.
The road in the corners now has some inclination at the apex, so you can go a little faster - but don´t go wide as you would end at the Off-Camber side of the road.View attachment 556126
The visual road mesh...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I reckon it would look better as a historic track without the wind turbines etc.
It is not historic! It is the real location where I live and there are hundrets of turbines like this around our house. I loved the idea of having a race track close to my home, so I invented one by using all the farmland roads and trails that are really there - just did some kind of infrastructural improvement by building these tarmac roads we now can happily race on ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%