Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

EDIT: Disregard all of this. It's a bug with the game engine. The solution is to lower the shadow quality to medium.

Still leaving it here because it may be helpful for whom encounters the same problem.

Hi Patrick!

First off, I wanted to say that I love your work, I've downloaded a lot of your tracks and they're fantastic!

I just wanted to point out an issue that occured to me after the 1.50 update: on some of your tracks(for now I noticed it on Spa and Monza) at one point(in Spa usually when I first go over Eau Rouge, so basically immediately, in Monza usually after a few laps) the shadows go completely crazy, jumping all over the screen and just acting strange. This also translates to the replays.

I don't think it's a problem with my pc, since the other tracks I've tested seem to be fine.

I can provide some screenshots if you need them, also FYI I'm using the latest version of both the tracks and the issues occur on both the normal and fall version of them.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Thank you for this beautiful skin pack/mod. Amazing work. I did, however notice that in off-line or "Historic" mode only one of the Modena cars shows up - Nicola Larini. Where as in MP mode both Modena cars show up. Has anyone else noticed this? If so open the 91vandepoele35 veh file and change this line "HDVehicle=F_Classic.hdvVOID" to "HDVehicle=F_Classic.hdv". Not sure why that was there - Keith?

At any rate, Thank you for an awesome piece of work Mr, Windsor.

FraPP!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback Frapp, the void hdv is intentional, you'll find other cars that can be 'activated' the same way. I did it to keep the grid to a reasonable 26 cars, it's all in the readme:

'Several teams had to pre-qualify in 1991 and will not appear in your game by default.
To simulate this, the following cars will NOT appear by default (I know it is not completely historically accurate, but it is a close representation of the pre-qual cars):
Brabham: Blundell
Footwork: Caffi
Coloni: Chaves
Fondmetal: Grouillard
AGS: Barbazza
Jordan: Gachot
larrousse: Bernard
Modena: VanDePoele

IMPORTANT:
If you want any of these drivers to appear in your game, just open the relevant driver .veh file using notepad and remove the word

VOID from the end of the hdv line.'

Yeah, I remember that year. I did read the read me believe it or not, but, must have missed that. I've been running a 102 degree fever for the last couple of days. I guess this is conformation that I should be in bed not out on track.

Thank you again for this lovely piece of work.

FraPP!!!

This is an edited version of the original AIW to stabilize the AI lines and corridors to hopefully improve the racing vs. humans.

This track is not the best quality but it is worthy of a decent AIW. Some car types miss behave at the hairpin, and the fast line is likely not as fast as possible. AI that exit the pit lane are very rude and will not leave room for you. Take care if you run inside the AI at the hairpin, if the AI is attempting to pit they will not wait for you to pass before racing to the pit entry.

Find the AIW file attached to this post. Rename LongBeach_1998.AIW.txt to LongBeach_1998.AIW and overwrite the original.

@Rico34670

Attachments

• LongBeach_1998.AIW.txt
    406 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.