Making the switch to AC

I'm thinking about making the switch to AC now that Race 07 has faded away.
How does AC deal with DLC cars that one doesn't have, if another driver shows up with a car from a rare DLC or Mod? More specifically, can I race on RD servers with just the 3 Dream packs, the Ferrari 70th or the Red Pack? Do I need every DLC add-on ever made ?

Absolutely no problem with your personal opinion Rob! Lively discussions are always appreciated :)

But you just spread false information while I can't see any real "fanboying" going on here.
Please post a screenshot of your Steam folder so we can see that you don't have all DLCs and then please provide another screenshot of the server list with the car in it you don't have and finally a screenshot on track where you can join either way.
I just deleted one and as you can see: the car turns red, no joining possible.
upload_2017-10-12_9-58-22.png

Because of this 100% false information we just can't take you completely serious, which might be a shame because I agree with you regarding the difference between Race07 and AC.
As a host of club races I often have the problem of finding race cars that can run together in a race! (But we got nice BoP settings)

So if you want to be taken seriously again, provide the screenshots, maybe we are wrong, but you seem to be the only one on the planet who can join a server you don't have the content for.
Calling us fanboys won't help with that, sorry.

Last edited:
OK let's get this straight.

Say a popular GT server with all cars, GTR, Hurracan, BMW etc. 911 etc.

I have, on numerous occasions entered servers that have the new Audi R8 GT version and the 650GT McLaren in them among all these other regular GT cars. I own neither of these cars. Yet have entered servers with them in. I know this for a fact as I was watching an onboard lap from a guy in a 650, it said so on his steering wheel boss! While I was in the server.

I have never set up a server so don't know how it works, and don't really want to, but it seems you can restrict it to anything you like. So, you might have M3 GT and 458 only, or 458 only or a smattering of GT cars.

And I am positive I have entered servers with cars I do not own in them. Why wouldn't you be able to is more the question?

As long as you cannot select them to drive yourself, they are still able to be drawn and visible in the servers and as cars you race against? The patch downloads them when they are released anyway, and you just unlock them with the purchase, so they are already there.

Not sure if I have seen it anywhere else, you pick a drift server as an example. not something I ever do so wouldn't know.

I have no idea how to take screenshots, but I will try and look tonight.

AlsoMircea

Show me the vast arraybof single seaters? F1 series, F2, Gp2, old F1.

They are largely singular cars like a few old Lotuses and a Ferrari and a few DLC ones, that is not loads of single seaters is it? Maybe to you, but not to me.

I guess I am too used to RF when you could download mods that contained multiple cars with different feel, and I miss that aspect in AC. So to me a few Ferrari 312#s painted differnet colours, is one car. Not the class of 1975 in a mod.

It doesn't really matter in the long run. Personally, I feel the game lacks content, and more frustratingly, it is so good it needs it.

People will agree or disagree.

Ha, I notice my post was edited by a moderator, without mention. Sigh. Probably reported by the Italian submarine or another fanboi. And i thought that Kevin dude at the AC forums was hopeless.
Yes, I've edited your post.
It was "Reported". We don't want stuff like that here. You know what I mean. You have made a VERY bad joke with the name "Kunos". And I have ONLY coreccted that word.

From our TERMS OF SERVICE:
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason.

AlsoMircea

Show me the vast arraybof single seaters? F1 series, F2, Gp2, old F1.

There are truly LOADS of single seaters available, just not too many complete seasons.

You talk about mods in rFactor, yet you are completely unaware of modding groups like RSS, ASR, VRC who bring top quality mods to AC. For example, ASR has done/is working on five '91 F1 cars. Also there is a complete 2013 season to work with the F138 official Ferrari. There are also some full seasons from ACFL, but I didn't try any of their mods, so I can't say anything about quality. There's also a conversion of all F1 1988 tracks, etc. I'm not going to list here all the mods available for AC just because you can't use google or RD downloads section. At the moment, content is AC's last problem.

And btw, the fact that there aren't many complete seasons doesn't mean there is one single seater available. I get it, you don't like the content, enjoy whatever you like, but stop spreading false information. It doesn't gain you anything and also doesn't help anyone willing to give AC a try, especially since we are posting in a thread titled "Making the switch to AC".

Good luck!

OK let's get this straight.

Say a popular GT server with all cars, GTR, Hurracan, BMW etc. 911 etc.

I have, on numerous occasions entered servers that have the new Audi R8 GT version and the 650GT McLaren in them among all these other regular GT cars. I own neither of these cars. Yet have entered servers with them in. I know this for a fact as I was watching an onboard lap from a guy in a 650, it said so on his steering wheel boss! While I was in the server.
Any chance you play on XBOX or PS4? You are able to join servers with content you don't own on console, but not on PC. That's by design because of the open file structure. Not a very good system, but it is what it is.

Any chance you play on XBOX or PS4? You are able to join servers with content you don't own on console, but not on PC. That's by design because of the open file structure. Not a very good system, but it is what it is.

That might be a solution of a puzzle. With most of guys at RD being PC players, we tend to forget too easily there are two console versions over there as well and they work somewhat different.

OK

I am not good at taking pics guys.

But just now, on drunkenreapers server, 10 lap race at Imola, could enter the server despite R8 Ultra and 650 Maccy cars being on there, I do not own either car.

MNaybe it is because they are based on existing models?

By the way, some guy in there seriously 3 seconds a lap faster than anyone, almost inhumanly quick.

I ahve used the download system, but have not once seen a game online that has used 1 of those mods, so I deleted them

That might be a solution of a puzzle. With most of guys at RD being PC players, we tend to forget too easily there are two console versions over there as well and they work somewhat different.
Well the mentioning of using Mods for rFactor 2 didn't really help with us thinking about Consoles... :whistling:
Also he just mentioned that he downloaded mods.
As bad as it may sound from a Staffie, I can't take it seriously anymore, sorry!

PS: for taking screenshots just alt+tab out of the game, go into the taskbar search and open "snipping tool". Take the image and save it wherever you want, then drag&drop it into the reply window of this forum :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%