Physics Making a car a higher top speed

Hi all, I need an help.

I love the cars of an old mod (F1 1971) but the physics is not the best, so I swapped the physics of the car I use with the physics of Kunos Lotus 72D.

Now my question: now physics is fine but my car is slower than the other cars of the mod in the straights, in other words it does not reach the same top speed during long straights (278 km/h vs 288 km/h).
Now, I would like to have the same top speed to have a realistic race on tracks like monza, old imola, old hockhenheim etc

Which parameters should I change ?
I tried with small changes to "power.lut" but, yes I had a small increase in top speed (282 vs 288), but in general now the car is too much faster in "normal" tracks (about 1 second faster than the others)
So where should I change parameters to have just a higher top speed without changing the car handling ?

In the "aero.ini" file, look for the "CD_GAIN=" line and adjust it down a tiny bit. If it's "1", try "0.97" and work from there taking small steps to dial it in.

That will reduce the drag which should give you higher top speed on the long sections without affecting the short sections.

CD_GAIN=1 ; Coefficient of drag multiplier (for easy fine tuning)

to

CD_GAIN=0.97 ; Coefficient of drag multiplier (for easy fine tuning)

Have fun!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea