Make WRC Look AND Run Great + No More Flashbang Home Screen

EA Sports WRC Make WRC Look AND Run Great + No More Flashbang Home Screen 1.03.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
bohoa updated Make WRC Look Great + No More Flashbang Home Screen with a new update entry:

New Scalability.ini Fixes and Optimizations!

Nightlighting has been fixed!

Post Process Settings are now scaling with GTAO properly.

Ultra Low is Default Post Process with no extended features.

Ultra features a higher quality bloom and no downscaling on GTAO.

Below are screens from Ultra Low PP up through to Ultra successively, the differences are subtle in the screenshots.

Shadows had a small touch up on the ini too.

View attachment 706309View attachment 706308View attachment 706307[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Problems in night mode, you can't see anything
Thank you for your report. It led to more investigating and ultimately a fix was found. Improvements have been made to the ini in addition to the night light fix in the new update.

Attachments

• 1031FixesHigh.jpg
    1031FixesHigh.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Looks much better than vanilla.
Is there a chance to add clean windshield - I get headache looking through this f...n blinking s..t - this game is disaster

Last edited:
Looks much better than vanilla.
Is there a chance to add clean windshield - I get headache looking through this f...n blinking s..t - this game is disaster
There is no way to remove dirt, but if reflections on the windshield bother you, try this:

Load into stage --> Wait for the camera to get into the ready position in cockpit cam --> Pause and go to advanced graphics and set the car reflections to "Low" --> Resume game --> Pause again right away and go back and set car reflections to "Ultra Low".

That will remove any interior reflections. If you do not do this each time you start the game, you will have bugged reflections on ultra low.

I hope that helps. It's a pain but so worth the 5 seconds it takes.

Last edited:
Thanks @bohoa for your work, it really makes a huge huge difference. Really, it does, the games has much better graphics thanks to your ini.

I'd like to ask 2 things, I hope you'll find the time to reply:
- I opened the file and found that some settings don't have the @4 profile (like for example [EffectsQuality] stops @3 ). Is this a problem? Is @4 corresponding to maximum quality in ingame settings? What happens if a @4 profile is missing in the .ini file and I select the maximum ingame settings?
- I noticed cube map reflections (on the hood for example) are very different than vanilla. Is this intentional or is a performance optimisation?

Last edited:
Thanks @bohoa for your work, it really makes a huge huge difference. Really, it does, the games has much better graphics thanks to your ini.

I'd like to ask 2 things, I hope you'll find the time to reply:
- I opened the file and found that some settings don't have the @4 profile (like for example [EffectsQuality] stops @3 ). Is this a problem? Is @4 corresponding to maximum quality in ingame settings? What happens if a @4 profile is missing in the .ini file and I select the maximum ingame settings?
- I noticed cube map reflections (on the hood for example) are very different than vanilla. Is this intentional or is a performance optimisation?
In GameUserSettings.ini you will find the scalability groups and the current in-game settings for them.

My method for the ini edits was "spray and pray" and some of the variables may not be used or misplaced. I am currently working on a better version with complete descriptions.

AFAIK [EffectsQuality@#] Does not get changed in game to anything else. Scalability.ini has a Particles variable, and that directly affects the in-game particle preset, leaving me question what exactly [EffectsQuality@#] is affecting.

Cube map reflections are changed through the reflection variables added, hoping for more performance. Low Car Reflections, render latency goes up a whole 8ms versus Ultra Low. Low makes render latency skyrocket to 22 ms. Ultra low and I am at 14ms.

I am glad to hear you have had a positive experience with these edits, I hope to build upon that here soon and give superusers more power with some new additions and info.

In GameUserSettings.ini you will find the scalability groups and the current in-game settings for them.

My method for the ini edits was "spray and pray" and some of the variables may not be used or misplaced. I am currently working on a better version with complete descriptions.

AFAIK [EffectsQuality@#] Does not get changed in game to anything else. Scalability.ini has a Particles variable, and that directly affects the in-game particle preset, leaving me question what exactly [EffectsQuality@#] is affecting.

Cube map reflections are changed through the reflection variables added, hoping for more performance. Low Car Reflections, render latency goes up a whole 8ms versus Ultra Low. Low makes render latency skyrocket to 22 ms. Ultra low and I am at 14ms.

I am glad to hear you have had a positive experience with these edits, I hope to build upon that here soon and give superusers more power with some new additions and info.
Thanks for your work, I believe that what you are doing deserves a lot of credit.

You basically unlocked UE4 Global Illumination and advanced ambient occlusion in this game, and that was transformative (something the devs should have done by themselves, the game is ultra flat and very last gen looking with the default settings, but they decided against it maybe for console/PC parity).
Also, your approach to cube maps reflections eliminated all the stuttering for me (and I had stutter with a 7800x3D and a 4090...) as I believe reflection was the performance hog, even al lower settings.

Maybe you shoud make it more clear in the description for other people to better understand that it's *not* different color grading?

I made some comparison screenshots to show the massive difference.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea