Major bug , not sure if it's known.?

Well, once again i find myself pulling my hair out and screaming like a mad man.
trying to save as, and trying to overwrite the project i am working on.
not only does it cause the program to malfunction, it erases that project in the My Projects folder.
this F'in i got was a hard one to swallow. 4 days wasted.
I find myself renaming every little change i make before i save them. i just need to remember my latest save.
Vista 64 user.

Previous versions of Venue.bin are in your BobsTrackBuilder\Temporary Files folder, with random names and extensions. One of them might have a recent working venue.

If you get hold of 7zip or winrar you can use the batch file here to make a backup with just a few clicks. I don't know if Vista will try to protect you by getting in the way, but it's worth a shot and takes up less space than loads of project folders.

I do the same as Kennett; depending on what I've been working on with my project, I'll name it accordingly. So, for example, if I was working on curbs just now, I'd save [Track Name]Curbs001. Then, when I've done a few more, I'll save it again, only as Curbs002 and so on. I've had the error you mentioned crop up once, and that was when I saved the project as (e.g.) WPCurbs005 when there was already a WPCurbs005 there and said "Yes" to overwrite. I think BTB needs the original project to be available in the folder in order to save it to another project and what it does is delete the original, then try to look for it before it can save the current one; thus causing it to confuse itself and blow up in a flaming ball of fire. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.