Resource icon

Misc Low-Drag Manor MRT 2016-09-09

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you give me the original file for the manor performance would be much appreciated in career mode its getting to much like werhlein doing p5 in quali
is it?

for me he's sat firmly in 12th. i end up (on hard) fighting the mercs, but on expert its a fight to get into the points still

if thats so i can give a second set of files for people who want to have a poke at it

I mean fp2 at singapour werhlein is first haha with manor being last at performance chart
wow...

how the hell does that even work.

i reduced their downforce! literally took the downforce values and reduced them, then took the overall drag coeficcients and reduced those too!

they should be faster at MONZA, not singapore!

Interesting, I have just been comparing vanilla stats and found that Manir have absolutly no downforce already when compared with Other teams (I think they were 9% behind Mercedes aero) so I am dreading trying this out if you have lowered the 8 downforce settings further - or did you just change the drag coefficient?

Either way, I'll look into this when I get home and work out why the changes seem to be making them too good down some of the other races.

Review Based on Statistics:

Just checking the files, I notice that Manor have the same amount of Drag as the Merc originally - which while Merc are not the best Drag wise, it's actually quite a feat for Manor.

Wow, you've actually lowered chassis weight by -26kg making it as light as a Merc (Manor was originally the heaviest car), as well as giving them Williams Level of Drag Reduction (Williams have the even better drag reduction then Merc). When you consider that Manor already have a Mercedies Engine which is already questionably the best, they're suddenly have equal or better performance then all other cars around them in all areas other then downforce (they're naturally 9-12% down on that from Merc).

You've adjusted the slipstream data (i have no idea on that affect), as well as reduced a drag multiplier by 10% and force 5%. Unfortunatly, I don't entirely know what those two multiplies are multiplying - so it's hard to say just how crippled in downforce they are.

At an estimate, I would say that you've put the car in about 5-6th place at most tracks originally. They're best in chassis weight, drag and engine - and so long as they can still actually turn into a corner, are really competitive.

In addition,you've tried to alter the amount RnD effect has on both the Chassis and the Drag - however you've only changed Tier1 Drag values, which I believe are redundant anyway. But as every other car has constant upgrade values for these areas, the Manor will be the very best car in the pack once it is upgraded well.

You're right though, Low Drag Manor this really is :)

Last edited:

Just checking the files, I notice that Manor have the same amount of Drag as the Merc originally - which while Merc are not the best Drag wise, it's actually quite a feat for Manor.

Wow, you've actually lowered chassis weight by -26kg making it as light as a Merc (Manor was originally the heaviest car), as well as giving them Williams Level of Drag Reduction (Williams have the even better drag reduction then Merc). When you consider that Manor already have a Mercedies Engine which is already questionably the best, they're suddenly have equal or better performance then all other cars around them in all areas other then downforce (they're naturally 9-12% down on that from Merc).

You've adjusted the slipstream data (i have no idea on that affect), as well as reduced a drag multiplier by 10% and force 5%. Unfortunatly, I don't entirely know what those two multiplies are multiplying - so it's hard to say just how crippled in downforce they are.

At an estimate, I would say that you've put the car in about 5-6th place at most tracks originally. They're best in chassis weight, drag and engine - and so long as they can still actually turn into a corner, are really competitive.

In addition,you've tried to alter the amount RnD effect has on both the Chassis and the Drag - however you've only changed Tier1 Drag values, which I believe are redundant anyway. But as every other car has constant upgrade values for these areas, the Manor will be the very best car in the pack once it is upgraded well.

Really nice explanation now gonna try to work it around to make it a little worse in case of general perf

wait, i uploaded this with the weight changed? dammit... i thought i uploaded this THEN changed the weight!

mustve been tinkering around more witht he file before i saved it and forgot about it 'o.o thats a bit embarrassing!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.