rF2 Lotus Ford Cortina @ Brands Hatch - Thu 19 Oct 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Denis Betty
As mentioned here, I'm not able to use voice chat on Discord. I think the reason is due to being removed from the 'premium' account on discord, despite using it this year. My RD account also appears to be connected to Discord. Any ideas?
RD Discord not associated with premium .jpg

I coulda sworn I posted this earlier but I guess I didn't hit Post reply.
Have you tried logging out and back in to Discord?

There is also a Show Mute Channels button somewhere which may affect it.

Last edited:
I've tried disabling the Discord account, & re-enabling.

Just tried it. I think it has worked. I guess I will know tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Ah just saw this.
You appear to have two separate accounts (with different IDs) by the name "pattikins", both of which have Premium access right now :roflmao:

Grid slot please.
That's great news Jim. :)

The bad news is that I have to work tomorrow evening.
There is a slight chance that @Jimlaad43 might be able to sit in for me.
Or if there are any ex rF2 staff available to help out... @Yves Larose, or @Stephen Gibb spring to mind?

If not, you guys will have to cope without me (not difficult). Just vote the server around at the appropriate times. Don't forget to make sure everybody has finished racing in R1 before restarting warmup.

Sorry for the late notice. I thought I was setting up tomorrow for a gig Friday. My error completely. :(

Sorry, I have to sign off. :(
I had an early morning shift and I am now beginning to nod and fall to sleep in my chair because my sleep wasn't the best.

Thanks for organising the race Denis. Unfortunately, I had yet another bad VR experience - despite finding 30% more performance over my old setup (fewer visible cars & no shadows...). So instead of getting something like this:
rFactor 2 (VR) Brands Hatch 21 AI cars 12 visible test.jpg

based on a 21 car AI VR test, I got this with just nine cars online:
rFactor 2 (VR) Brands Hatch 9 cars (RD) online.jpg

The first magenta line represents 90 fps, the second is 45 fps... the frames were up & down like a yo-yo during the race, especially in the corners :rolleyes:. Neither the cpu (thread) or gpu are overworked. I don't have any online/performance issues with any other game that I play, so I'm left with rfactor 2 being rfactor 2 - basically I don't have a clue what is happening so I'm throwing in the towel. :(

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea