Lotus Cortina @ Barber Short / Long - Tue 7th Feb 2012

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Lotus Cortina
Track: Barber Motorsports Park (download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (16 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (16 laps)

Note1: Race1 - Short Circuit / Race2 - Long Circuit
Note2: Default skins only

Racing Rules & Server password: click here

Very enjoyable racing tonight and 'tina was sweet as usual.

Had a clumsy start in race 1 and was too focused on the cars around me. I managed to make it through the first corners though and was back in 1st at some point. But had a bit of a surprise in race 1 when the game suddenly minimized to desktop. Afterwards I found the car in a ditch and the engine had been offered to the god of speed.
0602_crup_07_z+worlds_fastest_indian_movie+offerings.jpg

In Race 2 I had a decent start and was able to pull away as the others were battling behind me. Not much action during the race, but was running tight with Stuart in terms of lap times. Didn't back off at any point and with some extra focus I was able to keep the gap to Stu. This track never disappoints though and it was incredible fun hotlapping around here.

I just love this track with the constant elevation changes. Never a flat corner and a lot of brilliant combinations. This is for me a perfect example of how a racetrack should be. Wished we had a longer race tonight!

Thanks Stu for organizing and to all that showed up.

I agree 100% with Knut about this dandy track.

Race 1. I had a good start but got bumped from behind through T1 which put me off the track. Knowbody waited, which is :oops: a no-no in GTL club racing. :oops: I'm not upset at all but I'm just reminding. We don't want to scare anyone off over a little bump now do we. Some really good close corner racing going on all over the place. I was in a Hans and Cheese (Tim the cheese) sandwich for a while until Tim had an off and then Hans was all over my tail for numerous laps. He was quicker in some corners but I was able to defend somehow. Too bad he had a spin off. Now, for the last 1/4 of the race I was all alone and I managed to bring home a rare 4th position ( You can tell when some of the top dogs are missing but I have been told there is a lot to be said for consistancy). Cheers Roland for the win.

Race 2. Anybody remember the last corner carnage in lap 1. A few of us kind of screwed up that one. I barely shaved the right wall losing only paint and got back to the track undamaged. I soon found myself next to Hans again but he wobbled early and so, I happened across Magnus who had a good pace going. I hounded him as he hounded Leif as Roland hounded me. Shortly thereafter Leif had a spin on that last uphill chicane, Magnus slipped through, I braked hard and got through somehow as Leif uncontrollably skidded across the track. We had a slight bump as Roland got by on the outside. Very exciting and fast from my viewpoint. Roland"s advantage, unfortunately for him, evaporated quickly at the corkscrew and I was after Magnus once again. Magnus defended brilliantly for several laps leaving me no chance to pass. Eventually I decided to try to gain momentum and pass him to the outside on the last turn which work perfectly ......for him as I went wide off track, fell back and Peter drove by and gave me a little wave. He and Magnus however, both tripped up in the corkscrew resulting with me obtaining 4th position. All this and the race only about half complete. I carried on alone from here to the finish but I did have an off at the corkscrew along the way. As I pulled into the pits Knut was sipping on his second beer as the girls massaged his tired feet.

Another dynamite arrangement Stu. WD podiums. Cheers to all.

Welcome to the club Leif, glad you enjoyed it!
Agreed, great track, very challenging with the bankings and the elevation changes. But I had a mixed pair of races here;

I felt I was doing OK during P1, but Knut and Stu were clearly in a league of their own.. however Stu threw away his Q1 lap, so he started from the back, while I started 4th I think.
R1 start was good for me, gained a few places as Jacob and Tim had some contact, so soon found myself chasing Knut in P2.. well not really chasing, more like at some points of the track I could just see a glimpse of a yellow Cortina in the distance.:cool:

No matter what I tried, the gap only grew, until suddenly Knut went MIA and my XD showed me I was in the lead !?!?:confused:
Ok then, let's see if I can make that work! Soon I found Jacob on my trail closing in, while he in turn was chased by that other alien, the-man-who-did-not-practise coming from the back of the field:p . Their battle gave me a short little breathing space, but come race end I found Stuart closing in at freightning speed and onto my rear bumper..thank goodness by then we were on the last of the 16 laps; Had the race been 17 laps I would not have been able to hold him off..:)

The 2nd half started much like the first half: P2 again was OK while Knut and Stu were crazy fast, Q2 went fine for me as well while Stu again struggled and would start from the back..But my R2 soon proved to be quite a different one..

As mentioned by Jack I was the first to miss last corner in L1, watched the whole field go by while I was sliding on my roof so went from 3rd to last.. Fought myself back to 5th, spun in the corkscrew, almost last again.. Fought myself back to behind Domagoj, who displayed several laps of brilliant defense as well, I could not find a way past and then found Tim on my tail.. who in turn had no trouble getting past me..
Then once I spun off in the first corner and before I even had re-entered the track I encountered Hans who attempted to split my Cortina in half..:eek: Sorry Hans, I didn't really want to be there, but i DID get there first :D . By then problems still weren't over, so I finished somewhere way, way at the back.
Doesn't really matter as it still was a fun and eventful race, albeit not a very succesful one..

My apologies to everyone who found me in their way at one point or another; trust me, I didn't mean to be there.

WD podium, and Thank you to Stuart for another great combo, and to all who were here to enjoy it.

I'd really great fun driving these 2 tracks :)
In race 1 I had a decent quali. but mij starts are really poor:confused: before i had my car rolling a few cars had already passed me....
Eventually I found myself in 3e place behind Roland. Knut was already far ahead and then after a few laps he was gone suddenly, so 3e became 2e.
Had a good fight with Roland till mid-race. At that time a car behind me became bigger and bigger in my rearview mirror...
It was Stu (by some one told he is not from this planet:rolleyes:) So i had to let go Roland to defend my 2e place, but i couldn't hold Stuart.
He was way too fast for me.... So 3e place was my score, not bad.

2e race was a bit a lonely race. Knut was flying and I didn't see him any more. Stu was chasing me and after a few laps he passed me and said goodbye See you at finishline... So there I was in 3e place, Stu 12sec infront of me Jack in 4e 29sec behind me...
No battle for places sadly :( but a constant race till the end.

Thx Stuart fore these great tracks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea