F1 2018 Loosing the Rear on High Speed Corners

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi All,

Is anyone else loosing the rear on high speed, example eau rouge. After much adjusting to the setup it's doable but still loose rear maybe 30% of the time and end up the barriers. What did people do to address this?

Cheers
Scherzzo

Hi All,

Is anyone else loosing the rear on high speed, example eau rouge. After much adjusting to the setup it's doable but still loose rear maybe 30% of the time and end up the barriers. What did people do to address this?

Cheers
Scherzzo
I can only talk from other games like assetto corsa and rF2 but if you lose your rear while being on throttle, no wheelspin and mostly in high speed turns:
Aero balance! Probably either front wing too high or rear wing too low. Spa is a track where high aero feels a lot better through the corners but low aero is faster.
I would recommend to go 2 clicks lower on the front wing and see what happens.

If it isn't aero you could try to increase the power differential setting to make the car understeery on the rear axle while on the throttle.
If it's an overall thing and not only high speed corners try to increase the front anti roll bar and decrease the rear one. 1-2 clicks on both should be enough!

Hi, thanks for the reply

I'll give that a go and see. I just feel a bit of the kids that will get the game and have to deal with this. I can imagine a 10 year old getting frustrated very quickly, maybe I dont give them enough credit...

Traction Control! If its turned off its pretty easy to fishtail and lose the rear end. Try turning it up/on
And I'm guessing your solution to locking the brakes would be to turn on ABS, right? Instead of... dunno, learning how to brake properly (like in real F1).
Can't keep up with the AI? Turn down the AI level! Cause ain't nobody got time to practice and "git gud", right? :rolleyes:

Oh man, F1 2018 reminded me why I regretted buying F1 2017 last year. I LITERALLY crash every time at Barcelona turn 11, always losing the rear end and throwing me into the barriers. Makes me want to punch the screen.

I have had this in my Renault as well with all assist turned off. One extra click of rear wing or moving the ballast forward by 1 helped me overcome the issue.

But most importantly... throttle control :p

Move the weight distribution to the front.
Can confirm.
I tried doing the Spa event a couple of times and no matter what setup I used, I kept spinning out at Radillon (yes - Radillon, not Eau Rouge :cool:) unless I lifted off significantly (but that meant losing craploads of time on the straight). I tried different things - more rear wing, soft suspension, diff down to 50%, but it didn't help.
All of those setups had one thing in common though - weight distribution set to 7 or 8. Sliding it back to 6 (without modifying anything else) pretty much fixed the problem.

Can confirm.
I tried doing the Spa event a couple of times and no matter what setup I used, I kept spinning out at Radillon (yes - Radillon, not Eau Rouge :cool:) unless I lifted off significantly (but that meant losing craploads of time on the straight). I tried different things - more rear wing, soft suspension, diff down to 50%, but it didn't help.
All of those setups had one thing in common though - weight distribution set to 7 or 8. Sliding it back to 6 (without modifying anything else) pretty much fixed the problem.

The F1 series goes against several setup things that work on other sims.

Things like the FW generating just as much drag as the rear...
And the weight distribution works in reverse + it has a huuuge effect, specially on high speed corners.

Ok for every one having the issue of losing the rear end in high speed corners regardless of the car setup there is only one fix for it.
You have to modify the ERP file of the team you are driving for. Once you open it look for the following line under <Tyre name="Rear"> there will be another line called <SlipAngleScale value="1.000000" />(if you are using Notepad++ it will be line 410) change it to in my case <SlipAngleScale value="1.100000" /> was enough to stop the car from loosing rear end. This correction will not make you any faster in any way it will just increase the amount of turning off the wheal in my case X-box controller required before the rear end slide out.
Now i can finally enjoy this amazing game.

Ok for every one having the issue of losing the rear end in high speed corners regardless of the car setup there is only one fix for it.
You have to modify the ERP file of the team you are driving for. Once you open it look for the following line under <Tyre name="Rear"> there will be another line called <SlipAngleScale value="1.000000" />(if you are using Notepad++ it will be line 410) change it to in my case <SlipAngleScale value="1.100000" /> was enough to stop the car from loosing rear end. This correction will not make you any faster in any way it will just increase the amount of turning off the wheal in my case X-box controller required before the rear end slide out.
Now i can finally enjoy this amazing game.

Looks like my ERP file is encrypted ?? is there a de-crypter for the ERP file etc ?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%