WRC Generations Looks like there is native telemetry?

There will be telemetry finally. I did a post on Reddit asking about this and the Nacon rep confirmed it apparently, said they would post some documentation. Hopefully it works well. Even though the DR2.0 emulator mod works ok, the effects are quite limited. I'm def looking forward to having native support this time, I've complained so many times about this over the last few releases.

Makes sense, the only feature I don't have is a motion platform, so the fix allowed my rumble transducers to run fairly well, but not like games that have native telemetry. We'll know in a few days how well they implemented it into the Generations game. Good luck!

did anyone have a chance to try now that the game is out?
I tried the game for a few minutes last night (my first impressions weren't great TBH), but I didn't get around to trying to configure telemetry yet. Although I doubt this fix will work on WRC Generations. The fix for WRC 9 didn't work on WRC 10 until the guy who wrote this DR2.0 emulator modded it for 10. It might not be needed this time though, the game apparently has game telemetry natively this time. See page 20 of this document posted by the publisher. We just need the telemetry support software (I use SimHub) to add the game profile, usually it takes a few days after launch for this to happen, there is also Sim Tools and a couple of other ones as well.

I played for about 3 hours. Had a blast. I have dbox motion and I thought it was really good. It’s weird, because the dbox motion for WRC 10 was terrible (dbox even locked out the settings that you have access to in every game).

Driving felt better once I tweaked wheel settings. BTW, Fanatec DD worked out of the box.

A couple of observations. The stages are great. Co-driver callouts are great. The cars are good. With motion, the car still isn’t as alive as it is in DR2 (where you feeling the car idling). There are some unnatural effects (like rain and splashes on the windshield). Braking feels a little weird with pedal but maybe I am just not used to it. At least when driving first person, the sound is the biggest bummer. It just feels disconnected and incomplete.

Not only have they opened up telemetry, but allow for customization of force feedback via config files. Maybe they are hoping that the community will carry this forward like AMS2 or AC.

Good to know, I'm glad they finally added more in-game FFB adjustments, I have a DD1 and the FFB works about as well as it has for the last couple of releases, it's nothing special. And I totally agree with you on the audio, I only drive in cockpit view for all sim racing games, and the audio is actually worse than before IMO, which I didn't think was possible, the car audio, esp engine noise, is pathetic. I haven't driven enough to give my impressions on the overall handling yet, but I will this weekend. WRC 9 is still my favorite version when it comes to the driving. I'm looking forward to what Codemasters can do with the game next year. Rennsport is also looking very promising, this should be released late next year as well.

Sweet, I actually messaged them yesterday and they said it would be released today, so that's good they kept their word, I love SimHub!
Me too Scott, the guys a genius… and just amazing to think how many products rely on the Simhub application to deliver functionality out of the box.

The world would be sadder place without it :)

Me too Scott, the guys a genius… and just amazing to think how many products rely on the Simhub application to deliver functionality out of the box.

The world would be sadder place without it :)
The expansive feature set in SimHub is crazy deep, and whenever a new sim title is released, they post an update to support it within a day or two, pretty incredible. I haven't had a chance to play WRC Generations with SimHub yet, I played the game a bit yesterday to get everything on my rig mapped and working right, but I need a full day to really get everything dialed in. Do you have any rumble transducers or a wind system? If so, how well do they work with SimHub support? I use SimHub to run my dash and for my two buttkickers. Probably gonna add a wind system sometime soon.

The expansive feature set in SimHub is crazy deep, and whenever a new sim title is released, they post an update to support it within a day or two, pretty incredible. I haven't had a chance to play WRC Generations with SimHub yet, I played the game a bit yesterday to get everything on my rig mapped and working right, but I need a full day to really get everything dialed in. Do you have any rumble transducers or a wind system? If so, how well do they work with SimHub support? I use SimHub to run my dash and for my two buttkickers. Probably gonna add a wind system sometime soon.
Do you have any progress in setting up simhub? I also have two buttkickers. The vibration of jumps big holes and gearshift is okay but road texture is zero. Even when when i drive on small rocks on the side in corners i feel nothing. I don’t know of the telemetry from WRC is poor?For the rest a have a lot of fun with WRC generations :)

Last edited:
Do you have any progress in setting up simhub? I also have two buttkickers. The vibration of jumps big holes and gearshift is okay but road texture is zero. Even when when i drive on small rocks on the side in corners i feel nothing. I don’t know of the telemetry from WRC is poor?For the rest a have a lot of fun with WRC generations :)
I notice some road texture most when I drive on the edges of tarmac stages, Spain in particular, but I just haven't had time yet to do a deep dive into getting all the effects dialed in. So far I'm liking the game more and more though. I'll follow up again after I think I have SimHub dialed in better if you want.

I notice some road texture most when I drive on the edges of tarmac stages, Spain in particular, but I just haven't had time yet to do a deep dive into getting all the effects dialed in. So far I'm liking the game more and more though. I'll follow up again after I think I have SimHub dialed in better if you want.
That would be nice thanks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea