Looking for 2-pin connector suggestions for my transducers

Hi Folks. I would like to add a short pigtail to each of my transducers with some sort of connector on the end. These would connect to a main wire harness. The idea is to make things easily serviceable for testing and replacement. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Criteria:
- Clean looking
- Small footprint
- Won't come lose on it's own
- Affordable but robust

Cabling needs to look nice running up the back of my seat. SpeakOn connectors are too bulky and spade connectors are a tad too messy.

Spade connectors directly on the terminals of the transducer would be ok for me, especially when masked with shrink wrap.

I strongly advise against the cheap chinese connectors found on Amazon, inferior quality and NOT MILSPEC as advertised.

MFG Carsten

• Deleted member 197115

Curious is there an audible difference between standard electrical and specialized audio connectors.
OP, if you check this wiki it lists all analog audio connector interfaces.

Audio connectors[edit]​

Audio connectors are used for audio frequencies. They can be analog or digital.

Single-wire connectors used frequently for analog audio include:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use them in pairs (left/right), you can do one speakon for two channels.
Thank you for the suggestion. The Speakon connectors are a bit on the bulky side. I'm searching for something "stealth", about as small as two spade connectors stuck together in a single package.

I had actually thought about the automotive connectors, but they are typically made to be waterproof which makes them almost as big as a Speakon connector. Thank you for the suggestion.

Curious is there an audible difference between standard electrical and specialized audio connectors.
OP, if you check this wiki it lists all analog audio connector interfaces.
As long as the power rating of the connector isn't being exceeded I don't think it would matter much for an amplified signal. If it was a source signal (like the sound card to the amp) it would not be a good match and would probably introduce unwanted noise.

I've been toying with the idea of using RCA connectors (not store bought cables). They have a fairly small footprint. :unsure:

If you can solder, consider using banana plugs on short leads from those transducers
to mate with inline female banana jacks on longer leads from amplifier, e.g.
51c9+PZT3nS._AC_SL1100_.jpg
4mm Female Banana
This would facilitate easily reversing polarities, as appropriate.

If you can solder, consider using banana plugs on short leads from those transducers
to mate with inline female banana jacks on longer leads from amplifier, e.g.
51c9+PZT3nS._AC_SL1100_.jpg
4mm Female Banana
This would facilitate easily reversing polarities, as appropriate.
Definitely adding this to the maybe list. I like the idea of being able to reverse polarity for phase issues.

Soldiering isn't a issue for me (except for surface mount).

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%