GT5 Long loading times for GT world

Anyone else getting long loading times (a few minutes) when exiting a race/licence/dealership etc back to GT world (the career menu screen). Or is this due to the server thing. (I have installed the game).

PS Loving the game so far :D

Try turning off your internet connection that helped a LITTLE for me.

I was also happy to read that they will be enhancing all the damage modeling at a later date so for some of use that are worried at how crappy the damage is hopefully it gets better.

Because of the way GT5 logs everything on their servers its causing huge ammounts of load. Sony and Polyphony are aware of it and are working to correct it according to an article at Eurogamer. I know its frustrating and they should surely expect a heavy load on the servers for such a highly anticipated title but they wouldn't be the first game with an online component to suffer 1st week issues.

You are a patient man Daniel :) while they are not alone in having launch week blues I think companies should spend some of the millions of pounds they spend creating these titles on additional equipment to handle such loads where possible. I read an article a while back saying that the average cost of a triple A title was between $40 Million and $60 Million dollars and that GTA IV cost over $100 Million, I wonder where that puts GT5? :) I wonder if Sony's accountants are too embarrased to reveal it :) but good for Sony for not rushing this title out of the door.

You are a patient man Daniel :) while they are not alone in having launch week blues I think companies should spend some of the millions of pounds they spend creating these titles on additional equipment to handle such loads where possible. I read an article a while back saying that the average cost of a triple A title was between $40 Million and $60 Million dollars and that GTA IV cost over $100 Million, I wonder where that puts GT5? :) I wonder if Sony's accountants are too embarrased to reveal it :) but good for Sony for not rushing this title out of the door.

Sony has nothing to be embarrassed about; GT5:p and GT PSP essentially paid for the development costs of those games AND GT5, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is already turning a profit on the game.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.4%