rF2 Lola T70 Spyder @ Salzburgring - Thu 29 Oct 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hi Denis I want to run thanks.
Excellent.
Before I can sign you, I need you to do me a favour please. You need to Account Details and fill in the Real Name field. It's so that everybody on the server can be identified as a Premium member. You real name will only be visible on event threads and only visible to other Premium members. :thumbsup:

Morning guys,

Well yesterday first race was absolutely nightmare. Start was good and i had a good pace.
I race with googles and headphones, so more or less blind and deaf for the outside world.
All of a sudden, after some laps, i heard strange noises, asked myself what it was while trying to keep the car on the track. I then lifted my headphones and asked if there is somebody in my room. It was my wife searching for somethng besides me. By that moment concentration was gone and i hit a group of people under braking for the first chicane. Really sorry to whoever it was!!!
The rest of the race was a nightmare with lot´s of offs due to the loss of concentration and being angry.
This shows how important focus and keeping it is, especially with cars that are a challenge to handle.

Second race was better, Beer helps!!
Had a touch with @max1966i in the beginning, sorry again mate!
After that just one more off and the rest was ok. Ones you´re in the rythm with those cars, they are a blast!!
When you´re not, they are a pain in the a**!!

Anyway, nevertheless enjoyed it, so thanks for everybody who accepted this challenge and raced!!

CU next time, have a good weekend!
Cheers Dan

Some of the guys last night were reporting a graphical glitch which sounded like the "Heat haze bubble" effect, which appears occasionally in rF2.

This is a bug which (allegedly) affects older track mods and has been linked to updated in game shaders. The solution is really a work around, but IIRC, I am using it and I don't recall noticing any adverse effects.

A quick search revealed this -

"It's the heat haze as you said. It can be disable in the Player json.
Around the middle under "Graphic Options":{
Find
"Heat FX Fade Speed":30,
"Heat FX Fade Speed#":"Speed at which exhaust heat effects reduce by half (0 to completely disable)",
Set "Heat FX Fade Speed":30, to 0.
You could try playing around with the number and test but most just just disable it."

It may also be worth a quick internet search for "Heat haze bubble" or some such, just to read around the topic for a more in depth understanding of the problem or perhaps another solution.

Thanks for racing last night guys. Bit of a tricky combo, so maybe we will try some more inclusive stuff for the next few weeks. We will begin next Thursday with the Chrysler E49 Charger from the Aussie Legends mod @ Winton (Aussie track). Server is up and I will post the event/sign up thread later today. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea