Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Okay, been a few days now, hasn't happened again. Managed to get the cable to the back of the computer, plugged it in there, and it seems to be okay now. Phew... Thanks

Was a bit worried, since random things seemed to upset it. Once it was by flicking the light switch :eek:

Upvote 0
It totaly drives me crazy. I actually phoned Logitech support and they said to request a RMA, which i will do very soon.
But, as i read more and more about this problem i also read that there are a lot of people who had their RMA and again had the same problem. The sound of the internal gears is just unbearable. I didnt find any YT vids with a good tutorial how to solve this problem.

Upvote 0
I have a problem with my G27, it wont center.steering is off to the right @ 15 degrees. i have tried unplugging, resetting game, i tried plugging into PS3, still off to right. My wheel is brand new. I plug in my DFPRO and it's ok.

Upvote 0
G27 wheel not centering right

Hi,

after some problems with the internet, and having to reset the computer several times. My wheel isn't aligned right.

In Race On, the test zone in advanced control settings, the steering needs to be slightly turned to the right for it to be in the middle.

I've tried various combinations of having the wheel turned, switched on/off, and having the computer switched on/off but with no success.

This has happened before when I solved it by doing that, but its not working this time.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

I have a BIG problem with my g27 shifter and please i need some help!

While i was gone from home in a two week trip, my little brother cut of the jack that connects the shifter to the g27 wheel...and the funny thing is that he managed to get rid of that jack...and I couldn't find it anywhere...
I was able to find a similar jack trough my old stuff but i don't know how to connect the wires of the cable to the jack...i mean which wire of the calbe to which pin of the jack...

Please ...i really need some help conecting that wires...

Thanks

Upvote 0
I hope your little bother... err brother rests in peace :) As for the connector, have you looked at Logitech's site to see if they have pin diagrams for their connectors there?

updated and realized I had info for wrong part, :( oh well.

Upvote 0
I've searched the web for one week already for g27 shifter's wire diagram...and found nothing...i'm kind off desperate...:(

If i knew somebody in my town who owns a g27 i could see how the wires are conected with a voltage measurement device...

Upvote 0
Hi
I opened mine so here is the pinout.

Pin1 ---> White
Pin2 ---> Orange
Pin3 ---> Yellow
Pin4 ---> Grey
Pin5 ---> Purple
Pin6 ---> Red
Pin7 ---> Green
Pin8 ---> Red Again. This means PIn 6 + 8 is shorted, but i'm not technician. Maybe there's some component between them internally. I checked it with the internal connector (the other side of cable) "off" the board and i have "beep" through 6+8 and red.
Pin9 ---> Black

Here's a random pic of the pinout to match the numbers. Look just the numbers, not the "signal" underneath.
http://www.aggsoft.com/rs232-pinout-cable/serial-cable-connections.htm

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
thank you man...you are a life saver...

edit:
one little problem...there is another wire that has no color...is just the bare wire...it starts from the same pin like the black wire in the shifter...are you sure there was not another short circuit?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
At least, mine has no bare wire or another short circuit, just the black "FAT" wire that i think is the "Ground".
Usually, like Jim Cole mention, the bare wire is a shield ground and is around of all the others wires(like my xbox controler has)
Maybe we have a different version. I bought mine two months ago.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Forum trophies