Locking up with 10% brake pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow AC sim racers!

I am a newbie in the sim racing world (I've only downloaded AC yesterday and had a wheel since last tuesday). I've had this problem since the start of AC and since I'm an F1 enthusiast I spend most of my time in F1 cars. Which seem very sensitive to the problem I'm having. (It could possibly just be cause I'm bad at AC? or something. Just let me know)

Here's a little info of my wheel and settings:

- Thrustmaster TX + 458 italia wheel
- Stock pedals (throttle and brake only, no clutch pedal)

Thrustmaster configuration settings:

http://i.imgur.com/P2LE90M.png

Here's a video of my problem:

(Beware, I couldn't be bothered cracking camtasia to remove the watermark on the video so just try to ignore it)

Hopefully this is enough information for you guys out there to help me because this is absolutely frustrating

I'm on 1.5 something. I haven't bought the game as I wanted to try it out first and be certain I wouldn't bump into any problems like the one I'm having now. I will buy the game though, but only if I feel I can get something out of it in terms of enjoying the driving (especially F1)

That mod you are driving has brake pressure options in the setup. Basically if you have a version of ac before 1.5.5 (I think) it doesn't behave properly and causes this issue you are experiencing.

You either need an updated version of the game or stick to kunos content which AFAIK don't have the brake pressure setup option.

You spent ~300 bucks on a high-end wheel, but then come out with sentences like "...couldn't be bothered cracking..." which to me sounds like you have a habit of stealing software. Buy the game, Steam offers a return policy these days. But then the "tryout" is always a convenient excuse to never purchase anything in the end...

I'm on 1.5 something. I haven't bought the game as I wanted to try it out first and be certain I wouldn't bump into any problems like the one I'm having now. I will buy the game though, but only if I feel I can get something out of it in terms of enjoying the driving (especially F1)

You will always "bump" into issues, it's the nature of software, different system specs, different OSs, different peripherals, etc..... However, if you buy the game and are running the most current version you will have far fewer issues as the best modded content is usually regularly updated to run on the most up-to-date version of the game, it will also get you proper support on the official forums. I highly suggest you trash the ripped game (make sure you delete all the cracked files), buy the game on Steam, download the updated mod files, install and enjoy!

As for your poll at the top of this thread, I'm not sure what you mean by "gypso" but I would say you're a bit of a slime bag for being such a cheap a$$ and not supporting a small developer, they're not EA or Codemasters and the base game is like $40 ffs!!!

Last edited:
As for your poll at the top of this thread, I'm not sure what you mean by "gypso" but I would say you're a bit of a slime bag for being such a cheap a$$ and not supporting a small developer, they're not EA or Codemasters and the base game is like $40 ffs!!!

I think 'gypso', like gypsy thieves. Maybe he's confirming he's one and is trying to get a poll of who else are alike :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.1%