locked servers

My question is.. Why does almost every server have a password so on line people can't join?
I could understand if the automobilista online racing was full or even half full but this is not the case.
I am sure that there are people out there who want to race but are singles not groups and are unavailable to go online and join a game.
It seems ridiculous to me that this is the case. Those I have spoken to really enjoy this product but it seems impossible to get a game online without joining a club. Thoughts please???

I am in Canada, Eastern time zone (same as New York City). I will pop on now to see you. But was mostly teasing--I play offline the most as I prefer the AI for their skill, consistency and 100% dedication to playing against me at my slightest whim no matter when that occurs ;)

EDIT: You seem to have disappeared as soon as I tried to connect.

Last edited:
I am in Canada, Eastern time zone (same as New York City). I will pop on now to see you. But was mostly teasing--I play offline the most as I prefer the AI for their skill, consistency and 100% dedication to playing against me at my slightest whim no matter when that occurs ;)

EDIT: You seem to have disappeared as soon as I tried to connect.
was power reset for server 15 mins qual on now b4 race

Good luck, Dover! I've been doing this for years. We have had a V8 SuperCars @Bathurst server up for months at a time. We have held races. We have LiveRacers hotlaps. But there just does not seem to be that many active online racers. My league supports a healthy series F1 and a respectable IndyCar series. I love AMS and I hope AMS2 takes us to another level as far as online competition goes but time will only tell. ;)

Thanks all had a good first day with server Had people in and out of practice session for 8hrs on line.
Im learning and so are a few new people. Help and participation greatly appreciated. Will post another session time soon
Dover16

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea