load cell click noise ?

reluctant to make this thread but I cannot find anything related to my issue. So here it is, grabbed a set of VNM pedals using a mavin 200kg load cell for the brake.

Brake pedal has developed a click noise. Seems like I can trigger the click with 80+% pressure. Noise doesn't happen again until I release nearly all pressure. Meaning if I press pedal until It clicks, then only decrease pressure slightly and then go back to full pressure It won't click again.

Is there any chance this click noise is coming from the load cell ? I've checked over the pedal and everything seems to be tight so Its puzzling me as to where this click is coming from.

A loadcell ist chunk of aluminium that deflects under load.

Unless you "kicked it to bits" (hello there, Fanatec :speechless:) there no moving parts in a loadcell.

You could check if the mounting screws LC to pedal frame are tight, if the spring/elastomer stack has at least a little pretension and if the connection part between pedal arm and pushrod has any play.

Another possibility could be that the pedal could move on the back plate or the back plate on the rig.

Depending on your brake pressure it may even be your seat or seat mount (seat sliders?)

A loadcell ist chunk of aluminium that deflects under load.

Unless you "kicked it to bits" (hello there, Fanatec :speechless:) there no moving parts in a loadcell.

You could check if the mounting screws LC to pedal frame are tight, if the spring/elastomer stack has at least a little pretension and if the connection part between pedal arm and pushrod has any play.

Another possibility could be that the pedal could move on the back plate or the back plate on the rig.

Depending on your brake pressure it may even be your seat or seat mount (seat sliders?)
Appreciate the input, will definitely be helpful in tracking down this noise

Hi i have the same pedal set, been using it since dec. 2022 without any problems. But now for a week maybe my brake pedal has been making the same clicking noise as you describe, clicks once past 80% pressure and again when i release slowly just before all the pressure is off around 5% maybe. Have you found a fix for it?

I've been at it for 5 days now, been in contact with VNM on their discord i thought i found the issue which was the lower bumpstop but i took the one off of my clutch which was never used to test it and it still did the same thing, they said they'll replace my brake and take the other one to invastigate it, you should join their discord and look at my video clips to see if its the same problem.

I've been at it for 5 days now, been in contact with VNM on their discord i thought i found the issue which was the lower bumpstop but i took the one off of my clutch which was never used to test it and it still did the same thing, they said they'll replace my brake and take the other one to invastigate it, you should join their discord and look at my video clips to see if its the same problem.
Oh nice. I didn't think about that. I was just gonna email them one of these days when I got a chance. But that sounds a good bit quicker.

Any chance you can link me to their discord ? Perhaps I'm just thick, but search function on discord is not giving me anything

One thing that helps finding what clicks on your hardware is to get someone else using the pedals (in this case) and you go touch the pedals with your fingers - the source of the noise always vibrates so it's actually quite easy to find that way. Just something that came to mind..

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back