rF2 LMP1 Showdown @ Bahrain - Fri 26 Aug 2022 *All Free Content*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was good fun indeed although I made it harder for myself that it needed to be. Found a nice setup and pace seemed to be really good in practice. Quali didn't really go well, track felt slippery, just managed to get a lap in that was half a sec slower than my PB that was done with 3 times the fuel.
Race start was a bit chaotic. Tried to go overly careful into T1 and saw Jan shooting to the inside just when I wanted to turn in. Had to open up again and got stuck on the outside. Got passed by Dean as well and already had Jonas on my side. Sorry for turning into you a bit braking into T4 my bad :( .
Got past Dean shortly after and started my chase of Jan who was a few secs ahead already. Caught up quickly though and wanted to save tyres and stay behind for a while when his rear brakes got him into T1 and I could just go past. He pitted early so I had Dean behind me again. Lost my rythm and mixed some good laps with really bad ones so the gap went up and down and shrinked to two seconds at some point before I could gain a little again. This went on until shortly before the pit stop that went flawless. Got out with a 14 sec lead and just had to survive the last 10 mintutes.

Edit: Also sorry to Dean, after watching the replay I saw I fought a bit too hard in lap 1, sorry mate. Great race!
Its ok mate. I must admit i was a little angry with your defence at lap 1 hehe. But thats adrenalin going and racing should be hard but fair like it was. My race first 30 min was very good except first lap. Last 20 min was very awful and my concentration dropted especially when i was entering pits hard brake rears locked and i spun again back on circuit. Luckily a had enough fuel to do one more lap to go to pits. In 3 or 4 laps i lost plenty amount of time and i then i was waaay behind you Michael. Great race buddy

Last edited:
Thanks for the race guys. I enjoyed it after things settled down a bit. I was surprised by the amount of moving about / squeezing - felt like the title decider of a touring car championship not a friendly club race in that opening lap :roflmao:

Last edited:
That race had all the vibes of a league race, I loved it :D

Practice: I just couldnt find a setup that simply worked. I went in and out of the garage a 100 times trying little things all the time until I finally found something that could be driven, sort of...

Qually was ok, slotted in in 3rd which I was ok happy about, nothing spectacular, but not far off either.

Pace lap: Usually I never comment on the pace lap since its just something to get over with, but I really have to encourage people to stick to their line during the lap. If you venture into the other line, you risk people in that line getting a penalty for not keeping up with the guy infront. Dean, that was why I was so close to you and tapping your rear when you warmed up your brakes. Please stick to your line in the future, the game threw me a warning for not keeping up with Michael and from there its only a question of when you get an actual penalty.

The race: It started off brilliantly as I could pass both Dean and Michael into T1 as they both braked really early. I had to swerve a little to avoid Dean, but once that was done I noticed Michael simply opening up a giant gap for me on the inside, so I went for it. It worked, it was clean, but it was a little forceful as Michael had to dodge me a bit.
Once clear I set about running fast opening laps to get a gap and hopefully keep Michael off me on the straights. It worked, but only for a very short time because I spun entering T1 on lap 4 or something. Tried to keep up afterwards but the balance of the car went incredibly wrong incredibly quickly and I started to loose a sec a lap. Realizing something horrible was up with the setup, I knew I had to do something, so I pitted as soon as fuel allowed and took on new rear tires to restore the balance. It lost me 15 secs or so, but it worked and the car was drivable again. From there on it was a question of keeping it on track doing quick'ish laps and hopefully undercut someone. Chris pitted some time later and I JUST got by him as he exited the pits into T1. That was crucial as the rest of the race was basically used to hold him up.

Not my best race in terms of results, but I was happy with my driving. The setup needs big work in a completely different direction to keep it stable throughout a stint. Michael was kind enough to ship over his setup after the race (much appreciated) for me to study next time we race these things.

Grats on win Michael and 2nd Dean, you guys were simply faster. I'll use your pace as a new challenge to overcome ;) :p

Last edited:
Part of a huge batch of posts.. Updated results after every race that's been "forgotten". And here I figured I could give 1x points to triple races, 1.5x points to double and 3x points to single races. Heh.

Results are up!
https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/august_afterthought.html

EqFNptK.jpg

All time stats: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/all_time_stats.html

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%