Lightweight backup install issue

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Eifion Evans, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Eifion Evans

Eifion Evans

Ratings:
    +123
    I'm making a lightweight backup install that I can reuse for individual mods but running into a few issues. I've deleted a few un-needed files like the intro movies etc and the Locations folder (I'm pointing the Config file to another locations directory) and all works fine to this point.

However If I try to point to another Vehicles directory I get MAS loading errors. Or if I just remove some of the stock vehicles I don't use, the game will crash when scrolling through the car selection menu.

A question too, I use the 2008 DVD Special Edition version, is the 1255F patch recommended or compatible with this version of the game?

Many thanks.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +374
    just download the rf lite version from isi its a lot easier ... as for vehicle files i dont know ; i just have a lite version with all my settings /controller files in it and zipped up ready to use if i need a new or a backup install and i then add the cars to that one ( i dont mix mods ) 1 mod one install and a shared track pack

Andi

3. Eifion Evans

Eifion Evans

Ratings:
    +123
    rF Lite wont work for some reason even with the disc in the drive. I'm guessing it's because its a digital version that requires registering and I don't fancy buying the game twice lol

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +374
    i thought just swapping the .exe across worked

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eifion Evans

Eifion Evans

Ratings:
    +123
    Never considered that would work so never tried, but lo and behold it does. Now have a 125mb install, thanks!

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +374
    your welcome

Andi