License Problem

Hi all,

maybe someone can help me with my problem. I must admit that I run BTB on W7/64 but I never had a problem.

A month ago I had to change my harddisk and after that, I reinstalled BTB and put my license file into the folder. It worked without problems. This morning (after changing from "summer-time-zone" to normal time in Germany, means one hour earlier), I got the message of a expired trial version.

I tried a new install and cleaned the registry with the software "CCleaner", put the license file in the folder again and failed. My actual license will expire in May 2011, long time waiting.

Maybe there's a problem because of the new harddisc.

Does anybody know what to do?

Thanks very much

rainer61

I think your problem is because of the clock change, the following warning is from the BTB website.

"Some people have been altering their computers system date in order to get other software running. Such an action, when running BTB may trigger the protection software into thinking that the license has expired. If you have run BTB whilst your system date has been set to an improper time (such as a year in advance), you will need to set the number of Months to 18. If you fail to do so then you will need to wait for the current license to expire before you are able to submit a new HardwareId.txt file."

I'm not sure of this - I had the same time change in Poland and my btb is running with no problems. But I have XP SP3 here... Maybe you can try to use the old HDD for a while if this is possible and check if btb works.
Strange thing is that btb should not work with the new disk and old license (if I understood clearly).

Thank You both,

my old harddisc is broken, no chance to configure the old system. I don' know wether the timechange can cause the problem, if it did not in Poland it should not cause trouble here but I also read the point of systemtime on Brendons homepage, hm. Yes, W7/64, may be a problem. I don't know. It would be hard to wait until May next year.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.5%