Let modders who publish there pay site, pay

I have noticed some guys here at RD are publishing links to an mod that is hidden behind a paywall, like patreon. A sample is this advertising https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/paraná-1970-released.251793/
Just a idea in these expensive times, why not force these modders to doing payments to RD. Or give this commercial publishing of his paywall site, exclusive as an benefit to a Premium membership only.

Sorry for my bad English, feel free, to correct my words.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thats not the point if its good or bad mod, or let this mod a zillion year being unfinished to scrap more money. The link I have included is only a sample there are more that can be found at RD. The point is why not let commercial modders doing something back to RD for the paywall advertising.
But I’m sure the site owners do read this, and its their choice, which I will respect. Its only a suggestion in these expensive times .

Just my 2 cents and nothing personal to paywall modders.

Last edited:
Thats not the point if its good or bad mod, or let this mod a zillion year being unfinished to scrap more money. The link I have included is only a sample there are more that can be found at RD. The point is why not let commercial modders doing something back to RD for the paywall advertising.
But I’m sure the site owners do read this, and its their choice, which I will respect. Its only a suggestion in these expensive times .

Just my 2 cents and nothing personal to paywall modders.
I agree with @AccAkut but you're also not wrong per se.
Basically anyone who posts a straight up advert, or a really limited version of say a track (which is therefore essentially just an advert) can expect to have it deleted if it's reported. Legitimate driveable tracks with optional paid addons are a different thing (LA Canyons comes to mind), though there is perhaps a grey area somewhere between the clearly-good ones and the clearly-bad ones. If in doubt, file a report and let the moderators take a look.
@Bram Hengeveld may have a more definitive comment for you.

Payware mods are not allowed unless they have approval. The above mod hasn't and never requested any approval either.

I am sure when time comes we might find a fitting solution for payware as we would love to support scratch build rights free content and give back to modders but for now it isn't allowed on RD.

As always if you or any community member for that matter sees content that violates our terms of service please hit that report button so we can take a look.

Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea