Tracks Learning to mod tracks - using an existing one

Interested in learning about modding tracks, and maybe one day turn my favorite local road into Assetto, so I would like to start with editing existing tracks, just to learn the basic ropes of it. I understand people don't like these ideas due to copyright, but I have no ill intentions with it, I would just like to take whatever existing track I have in my AC and change a bit of a layout, make a turn tighter or expand the straight part, something to get me going.

What would be the most optimal workflow for this, do I need any other tool than Blender?

Interested in learning about modding tracks, and maybe one day turn my favorite local road into Assetto, so I would like to start with editing existing tracks, just to learn the basic ropes of it. I understand people don't like these ideas due to copyright, but I have no ill intentions with it, I would just like to take whatever existing track I have in my AC and change a bit of a layout, make a turn tighter or expand the straight part, something to get me going.

What would be the most optimal workflow for this, do I need any other tool than Blender?
Editing the shape of existing track meshes will not be what you expect...

Tracks have many meshes that most often are separate objects of their own. Its not like you can just grab a section and move around without breaking everything.

Best to practice building something simple, from zero. Watch tutorials on youtube, etc.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.