Le mans 24hr 2023

Hi Everybody!
So next year is the big one at le mans and i think with all the new hypercar entries and 100 year shenanigens that are likely to be going on its time for me to go see my first live le mans.

My questions are to any veterans out there who have gone or planning to go next year, what package companies have you used to book with? and is there any that you think i should stay away from? or is it best to simply book right on the le mans official website?

Thanks for any help in advance.

That depends very much on how many days you are going for, and if you need some sort of accomodation at or near the circuit.
You can forget about getting a hotel anywhere near the circuit though.

If you have your own tent then I'd recommend booking tickets directly through the website. If you become a member of the ACO you can get a bit of a discount on the tickets and can buy tickets before they go on general release.

I'd like to go to 2023 but not sure if I can get a week or even weekend "pass" but will be looking to go to 2024 when the GTE class is supposed to be replaced by GT3 - or a version thereof.

Last edited:
T
That depends very much on how many days you are going for, and if you need some sort of accomodation at or near the circuit.
You can forget about getting a hotel anywhere near the circuit though.

If you have your own tent then I'd recommend booking tickets directly through the website. If you become a member of the ACO you can get a bit of a discount on the tickets and can buy tickets before they go on general release.

I'd like to go to 2023 but not sure if I can get a week or even weekend "pass" but will be looking to go to 2024 when the GTE class is supposed to be replaced by GT3 - or a version thereof.
Thanks for your advice, I was planning on camping at the circuit hopefully down at arnage. What's the week or weekend pass?
I was thinking go for Thursday to Sunday night so I could catch the parade on Friday in town and enjoy Sunday without having to leave straight after the race. Also do you know if it accessible to cycle to different parts of the circuit or is a shuttle bus the best way?
Thanks.

Week or weekend "pass" from the wife!

I'd take a folding bicycle or electric scooter if you can recharge it.
Shuttle buses don't go very far before you have to get off and queue for the next one in my experience... and the queues can be long.
This year on Sunday one of the buses on the Maison Blanche to Porsche Curves broke down in the moring so the other bus was packed.
Maison Blanche to Mulsanne Corner is three buses so if you have to queue and travel three times that could easily take 90 minutes.

This year the track was open to all on Friday afternoon - with a ticket - so you could cycle around the complete circuit. I'm not sure if that's the first time this has been available.

iu

Didn't think that I'd be able to make 2023 but it might be possible if I'm prepared to make a detour... 1000 km extra to drive down to near Bergerac and then back to Le Mans - and then 1000km again for the reverse trip after the race...

Plus the 1300km each way to Bergerac from Hull...
That's around 4600km... or close to 3000 miles
Ummm...

Last edited:
Tickets for Le Mans 2023 will be going on sale on Friday 21st October - I'm not sure if that's the members early purchase offer. In the past members get the chance to buy tickets a week or two before they become generally available.

Also I have found accomodation close to the circuit... seven nights for four persons is priced at £14037
That's £500 per person per night :whistling:
I'm going to give that a miss...

Last edited:
Didn't think that I'd be able to make 2023 but it might be possible if I'm prepared to make a detour... 1000 km extra to drive down to near Bergerac and then back to Le Mans - and then 1000km again for the reverse trip after the race...

Plus the 1300km each way to Bergerac from Hull...
That's around 4600km... or close to 3000 miles
Ummm...
Thats a hell of a roadtrip!

Tickets for Le Mans 2023 will be going on sale on Friday 21st October - I'm not sure if that's the members early purchase offer. In the past members get the chance to buy tickets a week or two before they become generally available.

Also I have found accomodation close to the circuit... seven nights for four persons is priced at £14037
That's £500 per person per night :whistling:
I'm going to give that a miss...
yeah think i might too! maybe get a comfy fold up bed for the tent. the tickets going on sale on that date coincide with payday! Also been looking at recent tests for the various hypercars and the engines sound great the cadillac has a nice tone. Its gonna be epic having a proper top class again, Looking forward to daytona so we can get the season going and see how the different engine strategies play out.

Well it looks like Le Mans 2023 might be on for me :)
"Other Half" is going to fly down to Bergerac the week before the race and I'll drive down after the weekend for a short holiday, and then we drive back.
Everyone happy....

Got a SUV so rear seats down and sleep in the back with an airbed methinks...
Too old for camping...

Well it looks like Le Mans 2023 might be on for me :)
"Other Half" is going to fly down to Bergerac the week before the race and I'll drive down after the weekend for a short holiday, and then we drive back.
Everyone happy....

Got a SUV so rear seats down and sleep in the back with an airbed methinks...
Too old for camping...
That sounds like a cunning plan!
Im currently trying to talk my brother into coming, he's a bit whipped with his missus!
to be honest i can't wait to see and hear those cars go by.

(In a northern Italian accent:) "It's a Fart-arri."

Newest entrant from Modena was painful to hear but at least they toned down the shark fin. Overall look is not bad and I like the livery and retro roundel.

I am excited for the new season and more head to head competition from a variety of OEMs, but yesteryears' racers were more exciting and pleasaing visually and aurally.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.