Laguna Seca MX5 Cup - Please Help

Hi,

Firstly, I'm quite new to the game and fully understand I have a lot to learn.

However, I have a very confusing situation and don't know if the problem is me, or if I'm comparing to cheating or older versions of the game maybe.

There are multiple replays on Youtube of people going the best part of 3 seconds faster than me, yet the lines and technique look very similar. There is nothing that stands out as wrong with my lap to justify multiple seconds.

In one video the car was going 10 kph faster down the straights - presumably, that is cheating!?

Others looked the same down the straights and even taking certain points like corner entry speed they were very similar to me.

So has the game changed over the last few years or something? Are laps now slower due to different physics or something?

I feel like I'm trying to compare myself to either cheating or something impossible at the moment.

Thanks
Simon

Official support for AC ended in early 2018 iirc. Since then nothing has changed that would affect the laptimes of a Kunos car on a Kunos track unless you have installed mods that do that.

It's very difficult to say the exact without being able to compare your driving and whatever video you are referring to, but besides your driving there are a lot of things that affect lap times. Setup, tire temps, track condition, temperature, wind, assists, controls. A lot of hotlap videos have fuel consumption turned off so they can drive with an empty tank to shave a bit off their laptimes. Also the MX-5 Cup has a H-pattern gearbox and 972° steer lock so you can be faster by not using realistic controls. Etc etc etc

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

It's interesting/good to hear that nothing major will have changed since 2018.

I think I will try and do a video to then get the opinion of people on how I can break a barrier I've seemingly hit.

Also lower air temp = more engine power. Mx-5 Cup has hard slicks that are always too cold. So high track temp = more grip.
With content manager you can set completely custom air and track temp.
So try something like 10 degrees C air and 40 deg C track/road and you'll easily be a second quicker.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 34.1%