LA Canyons VAO Patch

Misc LA Canyons VAO Patch 2020-02-03

Login or Register an account to download this content
Some VAO patches are in the track folder, does that also work?
The same with the shaders patch config ini-file.
Some are in AC/extension/config/tracks
Some are in AC/extension/config/tracks/loaded
Some are in AC/content/tracks/track_name/extension
Do they all work?

Some VAO patches are in the track folder, does that also work?
The same with the shaders patch config ini-file.
Some are in AC/extension/config/tracks
Some are in AC/extension/config/tracks/loaded
Some are in AC/content/tracks/track_name/extension
Do they all work?
not sure what you mean? there was no VAO Patch in my folders and you can see the difference.
i suggest you just download and see for yourself. even though for me VAO is only noticeable side by side.

not sure what you mean? there was no VAO Patch in my folders and you can see the difference.
i suggest you just download and see for yourself. even though for me VAO is only noticeable side by side.
I am not talking about your track, but in general: some modders put the VAO patch in the track folder, and other put it in the extension/VAO-patches folder

Attachments

• Clip0001.jpg
    Clip0001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 172
the houses down la cañada started as a surprise for phoenix, i always wanted to get a GTA5 vibe to it, having a transition from city to canyon feeling

having used so many kn5 and dds for the rest of the track, i never bothered unwrapping and mapping properly the houses and the area in general. I just used tileable textures for grass, brick, driveway etc.
The lazy modder i've been :D

So this area even more than others lack of shading ! The VAO patch is a nice solution, thanks for sharing :)

somehow on my game with CSP i noticed some default ambient occlusion happening already, kind of a dynamic VAO ?

I think the question is, where should we put the VAO patch? Does it matter if we use any of those locations?
I literally made it so that you just have to drop the CONTENT folder into the Assetto Corsa folder. very simple. otherwise just take the VAO files and place them in the la_canyons folder

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.