[KNOWLEDGE SHARE] AC2_Win64_Shipping kernel32 ntdll CAUSING CRASHES

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
Hello,

I believe I may have stumbled upon the fix for the following crash type from another game that has the same issues.

AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

1. Run Command Prompt 'As Administrator'
  2. Type in: sfc /scannow
  3. Windows will automatically scan and detect corrupt .DLL's and fix them. Also check to see if you have updates pending (if you have auto-update & install turned off). Update Windows if necessary.
  4. Restart your machine. This may only fix half the issue because there are nVidia crashes too EVEN IF you have the latest drivers.

acc fix.PNG

Cheers for the tip Isaac.
I got crashes with the latest update v.1.3.12.
Unfortunately this couldm not be fixed with your workaround. Still crashes.
Although the scanning tool found corrupt files and obviously repaired them.

Thanks for the feedback Isaac!
I do not think it is the graphics driver. MP and SP work fine, only starting the third round of my championship causes the game to crash. So maybe "my documents" files? But then I would delete my progress (career, championship) so far, right? Hmm,...

Thanks for the feedback Isaac!
I do not think it is the graphics driver. MP and SP work fine, only starting the third round of my championship causes the game to crash. So maybe "my documents" files? But then I would delete my progress (career, championship) so far, right? Hmm,...

Sadly yes, once I did everything like I showed in post #1, then it worked.

Got it sorted I think. I moved the "championship.json" to another folder and started the game. Started a new championship and saved. Then close the game again, insert the old championship.json (overwriting the one the game just created earlier), start the game and restart the race weekend in the championship. Resume wouldn't work as it would resume the new championship?!

I got on track without the game crashing. The "track arrival save" of sorts got fubar'ed and hence the game crashed. I guess in hindsight the real culprit was the "champstate.json"...which is connected to the "championship.json" and might save the actual last state of the championship.

Anyway, got to do practice and qualy again.....but I did not loose the progress of the championship so far.

None of this helped me. And the system didn't find any errors. Deleted the game completely (saving the "Assetto Corsa Competizione" folder in my documents). Installed the game again and moved back the previously saved folder. The flight is normal.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.