Keyboard doesn't respond in game

OK, so if you've seen that thread by me that says i can't type forget about it as this issues is further than just that. My keyboard doesn't work in game. I only noticed that it doesn't work at all when i set it as default controller instead of my DFGT. Any patches or work arounds to this besides uninstalling because...
A) my cd rom drive doesn't work
B) I reached my internet limit and there is 21 days until it renews
C) i still have 20gb to use between 2am and 8am so i can get a quick patch in then.

Any help and links to other helpful pages is very much appreaciated.

P.S. i'm new so if can anyone delete my other post called "I can't type in game"

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting the keyboard issue? Have you tried a different keyboard? If the keyboard is USB, have you tried connecting to a different USB port? What windows are you running?

I've tried a different usb slot but i'm pretty sure trying a different keyboard will make no difference considering i typed this message with it.
I'm running win xp 32 bit with specs as follows:
intel i5 650 processor running at 3.20ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
1gb ATi 5770
mobo:GA-P55A-UD3R
psu: 450w Vantec ion2+

Does your keyboard require special drivers to be seen correctly in Windows? If it does it is possible that the game might have issues trying to see it. Other than that, I am at a loss, sorry mate. :(

Nope but i do i have a wireless keyboard i sometimes use and that have drivers that are required for some buttons to work. It's really annoying that i have to deliberately destroy my car so i can return to garage and tweak somethings.

Don't know what to tell you on this as the game should be able to utilize what windows has detected and is using. At the very least I would attempt to reinstall the game, and maybe clean out the registry with a program like ccleaner after you uninstall to be sure nothing is left behind that might affect the reinstall.

In the mean time, have you tried setting a wheel button to be used to bring up the menu that you would normally see when you hit the escape key?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.