rF2 Karting Night - Wednesday 19th November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOOOOL
Note to Richard ... sign up first, race 2nd :wink2:

Andrew - thanks for the into to rFactor ... all a mad rush to get everything working and figure out the damn interface after installing at 18:30 last night.
(had the demo a week, but never really did much with it cos of Evo races and time)

Did 5 mins in the other kart mod prior to last night's event, so was very cold lap, and wasn't expecting much of maself, which helped :)

First track I just gelled with after a few laps - really loved that one and qualid 2nd I think it was - most unexpected, and all down to our good man Nigel sharing his luurrvely setups - most kind, thanks dude!
Leapt away at the start, but did 3/4 a lap then spun out on coldish tyres ... :poop:
So just stuck the boot down and did what I could to catch up the lost time.
Not sure it was here but I came together with Andrew somewhere, who flipped over, another nudge from me flipped him back onto his wheels again :lol:

Anyway ... my evening got progressively worse, with an incident involving a tree leaving my kart irreparible, and a stop and go probably for a jump start in the last race [curses] (didn't see the warning nor did I find the pit entry ... DQ'd :Cry:)

Thanks though for the event ... karts felt very realistic to me ... low down mental and fast :thumb:

After watchting the replay of La Conca I have to apologise to Patrick. I fell off the track and hit you hard as I came back on, really sorry man :( I think I wrecked that race for you.:(

LaConca: absolutly loved this track, because of the high curbs and constant danger of going all Volvo (rolling) it was a great buzz to do quick laps.
Quali didnt go well only managed a 50.2.
Race started 3rd, right behind Ben who did a Buxton on the line and dozy me forgot to select 1st gear, so was down to 7th at T1, was up to 1st at the end of lap 1 with Ryan right on my tail who slipped by me on lap 2 when i ran wide 2 laps later he did the same and i got back in the lead. i then got in a good rythem and soon had a big gap to 2nd even managed to do a 48.7. finished 1st.

Pittsburgh: my least favorite of the 3 tracks. the curbs here are very flat and inviting, but to much power at the wrong time and disaster was waiting.
Quali went better than at LaConca and was pleased with my time all be it some 7 tenths slower than Ben, but still good enough for 2nd.
Race: Got a good start and was in P1 after the 1st turn but Ryan got a better exit and too the lead. ben got me on lap 2 at the same time Ryan span so i was still 2nd. Ben was pulling away but on lap 6 he made a mistake which bunched us all up and past me, on the next lap i got along side peter but he turned in on me and got bumped wide. back in 2nd and with Ryan close behind i tried to make a gap but a few laps later i also spun at T1 which dropped me down to 4th, then at the end of that lap i had a blonde moment and crashed luckly only bent my steering and limped home to 4th.

Lauro de Freitas: very nice track, the series of turns after the hairpin were great fun and very rewarding.
Quali: lost out to 2nd by a knats knacker to Ryan, shame as that would have been a front row lockout by BVM at all 3 tracks.
Race: Ben made another poor start and both me and Ryan got past, but Ben was soon on my case and got by me, i tried to stay with Ben while he caught Ryan, on lap 5 Ben flipped and i followed suit. i got going before Ben but Paul got past at the hairpin, 2 laps later and i was back past Paul and Ben soon past him to. he was soon on my case again and took me at T1. finished 3rd.

yet another great nights karting, big thanks to Andrew and RD :highfive:

Heres a (rather bad) video from LaConca. Please excuse the rather awful editing, I got a bit bored :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/3QmLQv2MP_o[/youtube]
3QmLQv2MP_o

I think it was still processing Ben :p
Unfortunately, it doesn't show you blowing up very well at the start:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back