EU Kart 100 @ Magione - Thu 04.12.14

Nov 1, 2012
A lot of fun - thanks everyone for joining :).
I only wish there were tracks specific for karts and full grid in future kart events.
Yeah, because however fun it was, those long straights just aren't suitable for karting races.
@Stefan Schmitz were you on rocket fuel or just a short gearing ratio? It was like rocket passing by on the start of the second race ...:confused:

Adam Gough

50RPM
Nov 17, 2014
I started riding the clutch out the corners half way through second race it made quite a bit of difference to corner exit speeds

Nov 1, 2012
I started riding the clutch out the corners half way through second race it made quite a bit of difference to corner exit speeds
Oh, so instead of braking into the corner, you used the clutch to slow down your kart while keeping the motor alive. I'll try that, since i was losing on exit speed quite a lot.

Adam Gough

50RPM
Nov 17, 2014
Oh, so instead of braking into the corner, you used the clutch to slow down your kart while keeping the motor alive. I'll try that, since i was losing on exit speed quite a lot.
No I still braked into a few corners just mid point I slipped the clutch out to keep the revs up and stop the engine bogging down.