Just bougth a DD1 off Marketplace, now I need a bunch more stuff.

I just purchased a Fanatec DD1 from marketplace and am looking for a wheel to use with it. I'm currently using a PS4 with Heusinkveld sprints and a drivehub. I need a wheel to go with it, an 80/20 rig, seat and gaming PC.

For the wheel, I play a lot of GT cars but F1 sometimes as well. I've been looking for a used Fanatec wheel but there isn't much out there. They are backed up on some wheels but I'm looking at the Mclaren GT3 wheel and the CS Formula V2. I'm not sure how the paddles work, I guess you can get a magnetic upgrade which is great but it's pricey from Fanatec. Am I to understand you can get 3rd party ones that work? The Mclaren has some issues, or is that fixed now? Also I've been using a T300 round wheel, have people found they prefer the GT or F1 style wheels or do you revert back to round? Suggestions.

For the rig I've basically decided on the P1X . I was looking at the TR160 but there is just a lot of issues and the hardware just doesn't as good, pluse there is some slight flex in the Fanatec side mounts and pedal deck. I am using HE sprints and have the pedal plate with them. Do I not really need the simlab slider mount-I just kind of figure it out and can get them where I want them? Any experience with shipping time to the US recently-lead time says 5-15 days to ship out.

Also, I need a seat. I'm looking at what's available and want to spend minimum for a decent seat I won't regret. Corbeau FX1 seams ok for the money.?? Is the suede worth it? Not sure if suede is available in the non pro version as I'm about a 36" waist. Also considering NRG prisma. Any others to look at?

I am going to use the PS4 with the drivehub for right now but am also looking at gaming PC. I probably won't get into VR and my want triples but that cost will be big. I'm using my huge TV now and I don't necessarily mind a single monitor. I'm looking at used options as well. Any advice on decent specs and components would be great.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I just purchased a Fanatec DD1 from marketplace
congrats
am looking for a wheel to use with it
If you have read thru Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel is back and watched linked reviews,
then there is not much to add. It has not been available long enough for durability feedback,
but, given that V2 is a modest revision, risk of serious issues seems low.
Also, I need a seat.
Quite a lot of recent seat discussion here.
FWIW, were I opting for a racing bucket, it would have removable washable fabric upholstery.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back