Just bought rFactor - Startup/update help?

Jimi Hughes

RDMCC S6 Champion
Hi guys,

I just bought a DVD copy of rFactor, I have installed the game no problem and tested it and it all works ok. I want to get all the nessersary updates for the game before I carry on and start Kitting it out with mods.
Can anyone reccomend what updates to get? I was looking at the ones on rfactor.net, do i need to get the v1255 F patches, or do i need to get all of them?

Any help would be great, and also if you know what folder I need to extract the files into once downloaded that would also help.

Thanks,

Jimi

cool, thanks martin.

Do i need to extract the files into certain folders (for the v1255F) or how do i run it once downloaded? I downloaded the file and tryed opening up the rFactor application inside and it wouldn't run.

also, do i need to uninstall my origional copy first?

thanks

It's a long time since I updated my copy and cant remember what the procedure is, as far as I can remember it's just a patch that updates your current install, is it an exe file ? if it wont open it could be corrupted and you may need to download it again.

Im currently downloading a full install version of the v.1255, but there are exe only files which i could install instead. The one ive already tried was the DVD F patch on the rFactor.net download page

Load up rFactor and when your on the main menu (car spinning) look in the bottom left hand corner. If it says version 1.255 then you are up to date. If it doesn't, then I guess you need to run the .exe's if there are any. When I bought the game a year ago, I think it was already up to date so I didn't need to do anything.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.