jusk's CART 1998 Custom AI

Other jusk's CART 1998 Custom AI v0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
jusk submitted a new resource:

jusk's CART 1998 Custom AI - CART 1998 Season (F-USA_Gen2) custom AI with track-specific driver lineups

An alternative 1998 CART custom AI file for the F-USA_Gen2 cars. This builds on @gamer19's AI file from @chrisi2174's skinpack, adding a few extra features and tweaks.

Features:
  • Historically correct drivers for 1998 tracks currently in AMS2 (five so far), using track-specific overrides. This means, for example, Hiro...

Read more about this resource...

would be nice to ask for some kind of permission maybe
but eh.... it's just me. nitpicking :)
Hey - apologies, you're right I should have asked. And I think you're the first person I didn't ask - as I have modified a few of these files by others too and I reached out to them all first. It just completely slipped my mind for this one, which is not cool - sorry. Happy to take it down if you'd prefer.

Hey - apologies, you're right I should have asked. And I think you're the first person I didn't ask - as I have modified a few of these files by others too and I reached out to them all first. It just completely slipped my mind for this one, which is not cool - sorry. Happy to take it down if you'd prefer.
no, of course
it's ok
it just takes me awful a lot of time for those and guess I was
a little bit sad cause it seems it wasn't appreciated. that's all

I'm glad you took it to another step
good job :thumbsup:

Last edited:
AI mistakes - makes use of the avoidance_of_mistakes and avoidance_of_unforced_mistakes parameters for all drivers.

hi! can you explain how these parameters works???
higher values of "avoidance_of_mistakes" means more AI mistakes or what?

hi! can you explain how these parameters works???
higher values of "avoidance_of_mistakes" means more AI mistakes or what?
Hi - you can read about it on the Reiza forum here:
  • avoidance_of_mistakes: Drivers with lower avoidance_of_mistakes value are more likely to make AI programmed mistakes during the session in general (like understeer, oversteer, recoverable and non-recoverable mistakes).
  • avoidance_of_forced_mistakes: Drivers with 1.0 value for avoidance_of_forced_mistakes wont have their chances of mistakes increased when under pressure (when defending position). Drivers with lower value for avoidance_of_forced_mistakes will have their chances of mistakes increased when under pressure (compared to their chances of mistakes when not under pressure).

I can't get the drivers name's to show up. I tried your instructions and I can't seem to get it to work right.
Hi - I'm guessing this is probably because you're trying one of the ovals? Since the AMS2 v1.4 release, you need four custom AI xml files for each of the F-USA series to reflect the different aero configs now available. I'll be posting updates to address this (and some other stuff) fairly soon, but in the meantime, you can just create three extra copies of this file within the same folder, and rename them as follows:
  • F-USA_Gen2.xml (i.e. keep the original for road/street circuits)
  • F_USA_Gen2_SO.xml
  • F-USA_Gen2_SS.xml
  • F-USA_Gen2_SW.xml
The same approach should also work for F-USA_Gen1 and Gen3.

jusk updated jusk's CART 1998 Custom AI with a new update entry:

v0.2

Changes:
  • Added historically accurate vehicle reliability values for the new Advanced Mechanical Damage Modelling (AMDM) system
  • Added fuel management values
  • Added Gateway & Fontana overrides
  • Performance balancing tweaks
To install:
Simply copy the XML file into your
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers folder, overwriting any previous versions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 134 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.3%