Jurby Raceway, Isle of Man

Tracks Jurby Raceway, Isle of Man Jurby Raceway Clockwise 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
CoolStudios submitted a new resource:

Jurby Raceway, Isle of Man - Jurby Raceway, work in progress

Jurby Raceway has finally arrived as a work in progress at the moment. Full permissions have been agreed by the Isle of Man government and I would like to thank Nigel, Rob and Bruce for all their help at the actual Jurby Raceway track.

The site is an actual airfield and has been from 1939, used by the Royal Airforce. The main runway is still used today as an emergency backup for Ronaldsway, hence the constraints regarding what can be placed on the actual runways and taxiways.

Jurby was...

Read more about this resource...

CoolStudios updated Jurby Raceway, Isle of Man with a new update entry:

Jurby Raceway 0.2 WIP

Updated Track names and description relevant to each corner, with added section names.
Updated track boards
Inclusion of Impact bags Blue and White
Added Joey Dunlop Foundation Bridge

This will be my last update until my next holidays from teaching.

Thanks for your support

Future plans
Reverse the track layout to be clockwise
Add the additional formats of GP and Indie layouts in both directions giving the planned total of 6 layouts

Read the rest of this update entry...

So the actual lay out from the video looks like it's got potential, and take this for what it is, but how come the sky and grass are such crazy colours? I feel like I'm on an acid trip.

So the actual lay out from the video looks like it's got potential, and take this for what it is, but how come the sky and grass are such crazy colours? I feel like I'm on an acid trip.
Hello, thanks for the comment. I did mention that the track is a work in progress (WIP) - ie version 0.1, 0.2 - furthermore my limited time only allows me a short time to work on the track creation. There are already plans to create finished textures in due time. At least it allows people to look at the format of the track which is very accurate, without the luxury of laser scanning. One final point, Jurby Raceway has never been created before on any platform, so it is not simply modding an existing version, this is a brand new creation. If anyone has created a 3D project from scratch, they will appreciate how much time and effort it takes to create even the simplest of tracks. Thanks again for the comment and I hope this answers your question.

Hello, thanks for the comment. I did mention that the track is a work in progress (WIP) - ie version 0.1, 0.2 - furthermore my limited time only allows me a short time to work on the track creation. There are already plans to create finished textures in due time. At least it allows people to look at the format of the track which is very accurate, without the luxury of laser scanning. One final point, Jurby Raceway has never been created before on any platform, so it is not simply modding an existing version, this is a brand new creation. If anyone has created a 3D project from scratch, they will appreciate how much time and effort it takes to create even the simplest of tracks. Thanks again for the comment and I hope this answers your question.
Furthermore, the Assetto Corsa time of day settings and Post processing effects have a lot to do with how the tracks looks. Experimenting with these settings will give you better results, hope this helps!

CoolStudios updated Jurby Raceway, Isle of Man with a new update entry:

Jurby Raceway Clockwise

First of all a big thank you to all who have downloaded this work in progress!
The same track but running clockwise. There are actual track days at Jurby Raceway that run this layout too so it will give newcomers a heads up before the actual track day.

Have some fun!
Because the approach to Snuffles corner is so fast in this layout, around 160mph phew, I have had to use an AI_HINT.ini file to slow the cars down at this corner. If you want to see what happens without it, look in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 33.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 142 57.7%