Jaggered Lines in VR

Trying to fix the aliasing in vr. Not sure how to fix it, been trying for ages fences and buildings look like stairs. My pc is strong enough.
4070ti and i7-12700k w/ 32gb ram
Everything I see also mentions super sampling which I have no idea how yo adjust. Any help would be appreciated

For vrperfkit i use these settings:

upscaling:

enabled: true
method: cas
renderScale: 0.95
sharpness: 0.55
radius: 0.6
applyMipBias: true

fixedFoveated:

enabled: true
innerRadius: 0.6
midRadius: 0.8
outerRadius: 1.0
favorHorizontal: true

The 5% downres (renderscale setting) then sharpening seems to combat jaggies fairly effectively when combined with supersampling from your VR device software. I use SteamVR for my Index at 200%.

The fixed foveated section allows you to claw back some performance which enables higher supersampling. You may notice some artifacts at the edge of your vision such as on certain tracks things like trees won't be rendered at all in that outer edge. Its not a common thing to see though.

Last edited:
Vr headset is Meta Quest 3. I stuffed around with the settings last night and was able to fix all the jaggered lines, looks great now other than blurry road and distance. How do fix the blurry distance.
All settings are maxxed. Resoultion is turned right up in the oculus app and I use 1.5 pixle density per eye.

Last edited:
Disable Anisotropic Filtering in Content Manager and enable it (x16) in your nVidia driver panel in the game specific 3D settings section for Assetto Corsa.

If you have already tried my settings for vrperfkit and still want it sharper, you could raise the sharpening value there. You could try not using the 0.95 render scale and just using 1.0 but you're going to introduce shimmer.

You could also experiment with changing the LOD bias to a negative value. Set that in Content Manager "Settings>Assetto Corsa>Video>System:" Bear in mind this can cause more shimmering.

One thing you didn't mention as an issue but I think you'll probably end up noticing is the car LOD transition happens a little too soon when in VR - its more noticable. I like to bump up the car LOD distance slider to 125%. This will have an effect on performance if you like to race with large grids though so beware. That's under Settings>Custom Shader Patch>Graphic Adjustments>LOD Settings>Multiplier for car LOD

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea