Issue: AI goes into box in 1st round (RainFX bug ???)

Audi R8 vs. Alfa Giulia QV.jpg

Maybe someone can help me... When I start a race in Rain, the AI does not pit on the first lap. Everything is fine. The function "Select rain tires automatically" is activated, "RainFX" & "New AI behavior" active.

ISSUE: When I start a race in DRY weather, the AI immediately pits on the first lap and stays there!
I've tested a few different cars and just can't see a pattern (Kunos and mod cars / tracks).
About 10 -20% of all street cars are affected, but for some reason, race cars don't seem to be affected.

To narrow down the problem, I tried many CSP features in test races:
New AI behavior:
"Avoid sides in rain" (on/off), "Use simpler AI spline for low level AIs" (on/off), etc.
Rain FX:
"Select rain tires automatically" (on/off), "Race line" (on/off), etc.
As soon as I completely deactivate "Rain FX" in CM, the problem does not occur anymore.

Versions tested:
CSP: 0.1.80-preview115, ...preview218, ...preview346

Pure: 0.165, 0.190, 0.205
Content Manager: v0.8.2567.39678
Maybe it wouldn't occur with the last "recommended" version 0.1.79, but I don't want to miss the many, many improvements . Do any of you know this problem and maybe know a solution? You can imagine that I have no desire to activate RainFX manually before each race in the rain (much too cumbersome)...

UPDATE 09/2023:
- After a new AC installation, other street cars are now affected (the Kunos Alfa Guilia and Kunos Audi R8 shown in the picture now work).
- It's not a "fast_lane.ai" or "ideal_line.ai" issue, but thanks for the hunch.

RainFX+New_AI_behavior.jpg

Last edited:
Problem solved, somehow... Renamed the assettocorsa main folder and made a new install. Then I compared the folders one by one. As it turned out: the problem was somewhere in the "/content/weather" folder.
I just had to replace this folder with the one from the new install.
EDIT: Please ALSO rename the folder "Assetto Corsa" in "/user/Documents/" (I don't know exactly where it is on "C:", because I'm afk right now...

EDIT - three weeks later: The problem has returned. :cry:By the way, I hadn't made any changes to CSP/SOL/Pure.

Last edited:
I also have the completely absurd phenomenon that it only happens with ROAD cars, but NOT with RACE cars (at least for now - who knows what will happen tomorrow...) . :O_o:

Last edited:
I had the same problem, and solved it using a trick i found on youtube .
I will check it again and come back !!
(Has to do with copy a AI file, putting it on right place with the right name)

I just started encountering this issue when starting my own custom championship the other day. I kept thinking it was a fuel problem cause that was all people assumed it was, but after finally seeing this through out the period of about two days of endless troubleshooting, I'm thankful I finally know what causes it.

However, does disabling RainFX doesn't hurt your Sol/Pure visual effects outside of when it rains? I know, dumb question, but if it only applies there (which it should), I guess I'll just be doing a more dry races without RainFX on for now on :(.

However, does disabling RainFX doesn't hurt your Sol/Pure visual effects outside of when it rains? I know, dumb question, but if it only applies there (which it should), I guess I'll just be doing a more dry races without RainFX on for now on :(.
By deactivating RainFX, I can't see any disadvantages in the graphics (apart from the boring looks).
Ilya does bugfixing, but why this problem is not a higher priority is beyond me.

Last edited:
I have experience this problem recently and after some research I reached the conclussion that the problem is the car tyres.

Without deactivating RainFX, if the car has street/road tyres and one or more compunds in tyres.ini and the street/road tyres are set as the default ones, the AI car will enter in the pits in the first lap and will stay there. You can see this AI behaviour checking CSP log and you will see this phrase repeated to the infinity and beyond :D:

"Car # is swapping rain tyres on fly (session has just started)"

Set other compound in tyres.ini as default and problem solved :)

I have experience this problem recently and after some research I reached the conclussion that the problem is the car tyres.

Without deactivating RainFX, if the car has street/road tyres and one or more compunds in tyres.ini and the street/road tyres are set as the default ones, the AI car will enter in the pits in the first lap and will stay there. You can see this AI behaviour checking CSP log and you will see this phrase repeated to the infinity and beyond :D:

I'll be away from my PC for the next few weeks, but I'll try it out as soon as I get home.
Thank you very much for the tip! If it works, I will name my first-born child after you - I just hope for the child's sake that it will be a boy...

Set other compound in tyres.ini as default and problem solved
THIS

After three hours of work, I found the solution today. Maybe this will help someone else...
I tested your suggestion, but then realized that many cars were still entering the pit on lap 1 - even when "RainFX" was disabled!
But at least you've put me on the right track: Before your post, I hadn't even thought of checking the log files! In the file "...\documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt" I discovered after many attempts that certain vehicles started the race with only a single liter of fuel (The "Fuel Monitor" App said the same thing).
According to their "Pit Strategy", they (AI) therefore drove into the pits on the 1st lap - but not a single drop was refueled there.
Note: Fuel consumption was actually DEACTIVATED in CM!

Here is a vehicle that started with ENOUGH fuel:
File "log.txt":
Race strategy for car 1 [alfa_romeo_tipo_b], race laps:2
Max laps with max fuel:248.098313
CAR: 0 setting fuel for 3 laps, with mult=1.200000
Using RaceEnginner,Car::setRequestedFuel: 2.031453
fuelxlap=0.564292 fuel 2.031453
For two laps on the short test track, 2.031453 liters are completely sufficient.

Then I checked the fuel consumption of this working vehicle in the file "alfa_romeo_tipo_b\data\fuel_cons.ini":
[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=2.0
The test track is only 1 km long. The requested 2.031453 liters are sufficient for two laps (Total race distance about 2.2 km).

Now a vehicle that immediately drove to the PIT and STOPPED there. This was logged in the "log.txt":
Race strategy for car 0 [f1_1937_alfa_romeo], race laps:2
Max laps with max fuel:-0.000222
Divide race in -9027 stints
Fill for stint of 0 laps (base 0)
CAR: 0 setting fuel for 1 laps, with mult=1.200000
Using RaceEnginner,Car::setRequestedFuel: 0.000000
fuelxlap=-1128584.750000 fuel 0.000000

WTF ??? "fuel 0.000000"? Why is there no fuel in the tank?
It turned out that this was the root of my problem:
"f1_1937_alfa_romeo\data\fuel_cons.ini":
[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=-0.000001

Here someone wanted the car to use no gas at all. But here's the mistake: this person used a MINUS sign!
According to the logic of the game, the tank would become fuller, not emptier. AC was not able to calculate a consumption from this (nor how much refueling should be done).
I don't know if the error was part of the original mod, or if I once downloaded an AI "improvement" on RaceDepartment...? I deleted the minus sign. Problem solved...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back