ISO CART 1987 INDYCAR WORLD SERIES

Cars ISO CART 1987 INDYCAR WORLD SERIES 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
You still don't get it, so i will say it one more time:

The numbers in the garage can mean anything we want! ANYTHING! I can make a scale from one to ten, i can make a scale from zero to infinity, they are NOT TIED TO BOOST in any way!...

And you are WRONG about the showroom, they didn't forget anything, that number comes from a simple formula they have, that takes into acount the turboshaft torque, multiplies it by the torque curve, and then multiplies it back by the turbo efficiency, and then adds again the torque of the engine... thats how the showroom number comes up.

So before telling other people did mistakes or dont understand turbos, please, do your homework.

Last edited:
And you are WRONG about the showroom, they didn't forget anything, that number comes from a simple formula they have, that takes into acount the turboshaft torque, multiplies it by the torque curve, and then multiplies it back by the turbo efficiency, and then adds again the torque of the engine... thats how the showroom number comes up.

So before telling other people did mistakes or dont understand turbos, please, do your homework.
Yes, you are right about the showroom. I can see now, that the power and torque figures in the showroom are actually the maximum power and torque you get when you are not applying the boost limiter at all. The Formula Classic's 1307 hp makes perfect sense now.

So, it is not a bug, I was WRONG about that. It is not even incorrect information, but it is somewhat irrelevant and confusing to the player, as the boost limiter cannot be removed in the garage. Anyway, the problem is in the showroom and not in the turbo model.

Downloaded this week and put some laps on it with a couple different cars. Like it a lot, the brutal character is there and feels on point, tyres can be pushed quite hard and you can get some beautiful slides out of corners when you time the turbo lag just right (an art by itself). Shifter takes a bit to get used to it, but it is what it is.

My main gripe is with FFB. I own an OSW system, and with this mod (on different ways, but happened to me with all HSO efforts I have tested so far) I have issues with clipping. Turning into corners, torque reaches a max value quickly, and stays there for mostly all the way to the exit. Lowering strength in sim setup does not fix this, it just lowers that max torque when FFB clips. If I could fix this through some settings (nothing that causes mismatch on a server, obviously), I would be happy to rate it five stars :)

The RealFeel setting for the car needs to be increased quite a bit to fix the clipping. I'm not at home or I'd just post the number I came up with that keeps strong feel but elminates the clipping. But if you Google "adjust realfeel", there is a keyboard combination to increase the realfeel entry for the car while in cockpit. Also, if you open Realfeel.ini, turn on the setting to audibly announce the new setting each change you make.

This is actually beneficial for pretty much all cars in AMS if you use a DD wheel, as the default settings are geared toward less powerful wheels.

Reactions: pai
Be aware that Richard's way of implementing the FFB is to use an exsisting vehicles realfeel max force value. Changing the overall feedback of this mod will also effect the value the game applies to the CART Extreme mod (in this instance).

Reactions: pai
Thanks for your answers. Do you know how should the mod appear on the realfeel.ini? The closest to it is [CART], which I thought was the CART Extreme mod.

Alright, after re-reading some posts, I understood how the settings work for this particular mod, they take values from CART Extreme, and that's the mod under the label CART. Was clearly worded, my brain just didn't get it :p

Could came up with a steering rack value that didn't cause clipping, but the overall feeling was a bit too harsh still, so I bumped up smoothing (for decreasing the rather exaggerated vibration caused by curbs) and decreased damping to get some road feeling back. These are the values I will keep for now:

[CART:]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-4600.000000
SteeringDamper=2070.000000

FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=4
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

After this, I went back to CART Extreme, and set the rack back to the original value of -2800. Found out that at high load corners at Road Atlanta (like T1 or the dip before the chicane) it was still clipping. So I decreased the value and stopped clipping at all at -3600, keeping a good feeling on the rest of the track. Could maybe use some fine tuning, but as it is, it's great, because it only takes one bump to set the force for both mods :)

With this out of the way, it's time to test more cars at the different tracks they raced, for getting a clearer picture of the work done. I'm liking this a lot :D

I had previously run into the Realfeelplugin.ini entry conflict noted by CMGARAGE. I used a text string editor to change the "Description" entry for each *.veh file in the Indycar88 mod, such that the first five letters are not the same as the CART Extreme mod. As such, with these veh files, once an IndyCar 88 mod car is loaded once, it makes an entry in Realfeel for "CART8" instead of the "CART:" used by CART Extreme. Then, you can edit the RealFeel entries independently.

Using Motec, I found "-5300" to be a good number for CART8 (IndyCar88) and "-3000" for CART: (CART Extreme).

I'm linking a zip file with the edited veh files. They will overwrite the stock mod files, so I expect it may create a mismatch for online . . . I'm an offline driver so I haven't tested that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uvvvGNp8zJ_vRehANvgf2P4Z8Bus5tYh/view?usp=sharing

This is a great mod for sure , so thanks a bunch Richard for making it. Like other's have mentioned though , the up shifting is a lot different then any other mod available. I think it was another mod I got from you about a year ago that did the same thing? Someone mentioned how to edit the scene file , which I did to make the shifting like most other mods. Would it be ok to ask on maybe how to fix this? Not complaining at all , just kinda un-driveable for me. Thanks again for the creation though!

Using my H-shifter, Heusinkveld Pro pedals, and no clutch assist, I was having great difficulty with the shifting. No doubt these cars were challenging to drive; however, I would alternate between Reiza's Formula Classic and this mod and found that the delay in the shift engagement was substantially longer and was throwing off timing of clutch, shift, blip, disengage. Did some research and experimented with the following tweaks to the HDV file for one of the cars ( I used the Penske road course car).

Beneath "AdvancedTransmission=1" I added:

ClutchDisengagementThreshold=0.8 // Threshold beyond which the clutch is pressed enough to never mis-shift (0.0-1.0 scale).

Then I modified the following variables:

AdvancedUpshiftDelay=0.125
AdvancedDownshiftDelay=0.125

This made the shifting behavior more consistent with the Formula Classic, though still a bit more challenging. Shortening the delays provides for more direct connection between the physical shifting and the sim's gear engagement.

One still has to lift and clutch deliberately when driving at speed, and heel/toe clutching is still required when downshifting.

I had previously run into the Realfeelplugin.ini entry conflict noted by CMGARAGE. I used a text string editor to change the "Description" entry for each *.veh file in the Indycar88 mod, such that the first five letters are not the same as the CART Extreme mod. As such, with these veh files, once an IndyCar 88 mod car is loaded once, it makes an entry in Realfeel for "CART8" instead of the "CART:" used by CART Extreme. Then, you can edit the RealFeel entries independently.

Using Motec, I found "-5300" to be a good number for CART8 (IndyCar88) and "-3000" for CART: (CART Extreme).

I'm linking a zip file with the edited veh files. They will overwrite the stock mod files, so I expect it may create a mismatch for online . . . I'm an offline driver so I haven't tested that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uvvvGNp8zJ_vRehANvgf2P4Z8Bus5tYh/view?usp=sharing

Thank you. As I haven't found any servers with it, I just downloaded your files, for doing fine tuning of FFB separately.

How do you use Motec on AMS?

Hi there :)

First a thank you for this Mod! A dream comes true :D
I have a question: the cars in '88 was driven with H-Shifter or Sequential??

This Mod for rF2 and it will me blown away :geek:

Hi guys,

I take part in the MNRL series on Champion Motorsports, I was asked by the MNRL to test a mod for next season. It's a turbo car and it's just a straight rFactor1 conversion so it's missing all the AMS goodies.

I've coded enough gMotor2 stuff so I'm trying to add all the AMS bits that I can.

I'm now adding the turbo sounds to the SFX file and since Reiza cannot supply pages and pages on how to make mods with all the tidbits included, I'm just reading the stuff that's in other mods.

Which brings me to...

All "HSO CART 1988 INDYCAR WORLD SERIES 1.1" .SFX files point to non existing sound files:
Code:
//TURBO SOUND
//POWER
VS_INSIDE_TURBO_POWER_WOOSH=0.5, TurboCharger\new2\turbo_power_woosh.wav
There is no "woosh" clip in the "new2" folder.

And so on, there is no "new" folder under "TurboCharger" so
Code:
//BOV TURBO SOUNDS
VS_INSIDE_TURBO_BOV_OPEN_3=0.75, TurboCharger\new\turbo_bov.wav
also refers to a non existing sound file.

Thank You

HF

Last edited:
Hey @Richard Wilks

I'm currently running a custom championship with your mod (which I did edit here and there to suit my taste -mainly transmission and brakes). I'm having a super hard time on road/street circuits against the AI. I'm sometimes 3-4 sec off the pole sitter with AI at 101. I think I'm an OK driver (not great, not terrible :) ) but it's quite harder when compared to other experiences with other cars/mods.
On "ovals" (using Reiza's brazilian "oval" tracks to emulate these), I can get a top 5 easily.

I've modified your mod to run a season based on RD_15 Road Course cars. I'm in JM Frey's (Lola T8700+Cosworth). I find that I can keep up with the AI in corners except for :
  • accelerating out of tight corners (and usually with grip/aero).
  • (this one's strange) accelerating from 3-5 gear. They're zooming past me and when I get to 6th gear they're not gaining anymore. I tried to fiddle with aero and gear ratios but it did not make any significant difference.
I ran a test with one of the PC-17 (Rick Mears') on Vanport no-Chicane. I manage to be faster than the AI (poleman) from start line till the tight corner right before the 2nd straight. Then I loose around 3-4 tenths in that straight and 1-2 additionnal tenths in the main straight, from the last turn to the finish line.

Any idea what it could be?

Last edited:
I would guess the AI is running less wing than you, and they are still able to not lose so much time in the twisty section of the track. Maximum effciency on the rear wing its around 5, and beyond 7 efficiency decreases very quickly.

Glad you are having fun with the mod :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back