Is this summary of available pedals correct?

I decided my pedals are more of a bottleneck than my wheel. I have the Trustmaster T300 Ferrari set, with clutch pedal. The pedals squeak and the brake pedal has uneven resistance. The pedals also lack force-feedback.

What I figured so far, and please correct me if you disagree:
  • For US buyers waiting for a new batch of Promsimtec PT2 pedals is the way to go for quality.
  • Fanatec Clubsport is nice but not up to the professional pedals at too close a price. Plus the force feedback is too weak to be useful..
  • Fanatec Elite is good, a real upgrade for me, and apart from lack of FF not much worse than Clubsport.

I would like to have the ability to take the 3 individual pedals off the baseplate and mount in my own way.

As an added bonus, it would be nice if gas and clutch pedal could be configured to react in a similar way to each other, as that could possibly be a nice set for helicopters.

I'm not sure there is much more in the market between $200 and $500?

Any pedals squeak and require maintenance no matter what the price. What separates them is load cells and the quality of them. PT2 pedals are good but I love my HE pedals (pedals you did not mention) and would recommend them to anyone, that said I never have owned or tried the PT2's, so entirely up to you. You enquired about adjustability, I do know the HE pedals have lots of adjustability and can be mounted upside down. But I recommend research, research and plenty more of research to satisfy your personal needs and or budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 387850

Pedals are the next upgrade I'm looking at. I'm using a G29 and recently I've started paying attention to the pedals app in the sim and noticing that even when I make subtle changes in pressure/travel on the brake pedal it's not being registered. I either get a lot of braking or a little braking and not much in between! The Fanatec CSL Elite LC at top of my list and I think moving to a decent set of pedals will return more reward than changing the wheel at this stage.

Upvote 0
Pedals are the next upgrade I'm looking at. I'm using a G29 and recently I've started paying attention to the pedals app in the sim and noticing that even when I make subtle changes in pressure/travel on the brake pedal it's not being registered. I either get a lot of braking or a little braking and not much in between! The Fanatec CSL Elite LC at top of my list and I think moving to a decent set of pedals will return more reward than changing the wheel at this stage.
Are you using some brake gamma in the settings? I have the g27 pedals and they are quite fine. Not that I could increase it by single percents but I can move the bar smoothly up and down.

Upvote 0
Hi, I use T3PA Pro and I recommend them whilst waiting for PT2.
There are some load cell mods, and Ricmotech sell them already moded.
I use them with conical brake mod, and feel really good.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 387850

Are you using some brake gamma in the settings? I have the g27 pedals and they are quite fine. Not that I could increase it by single percents but I can move the bar smoothly up and down.

I'm running gamma 2.4 and should probably change it as I think I would prefer a more linear response to the brake pedal. Do you still run around gamma 1.0?

I'm not sure if the G29 pedals are exactly the same as the G27 pedals, but the G29 seems to have a device (conical brake mod?) to make it feel like there is pressure behind the pedal. In reality I find that means you have to press very firmly from about 80-100% and the pressure required makes it hard to make fine adjustments. I was hoping a load cell brake would give more control in this respect but I've never tried one!

Upvote 0
The Fanatec CSL Elite pedals with load cell has most of what you asked for. Gas and clutch have the same resistance for aircraft, they can be separated from the base and bolt directly to anything and the load cell feels good to me. You need a separate USB adapter to run the pedals direct to USB though.
There is a tiny bit of side play on the LC brake pivot (2mm) and if you run the LC stack in F1 mode, there is an occasional click at the top, a little softer than a paddle shifter. If either of those would bother you, maybe Heusinkveld would be worth the extra money.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Forum trophies