Is there a way to disable/override a physical object?

I'm working on some traffic layouts for road tracks which I'll share on RD once done. Sometimes there's not enough space for the AI to make a safe U-turn, and I'd like to get rid of objects like barriers for a better U-turn point. Releasing a modified KN5 is not an acceptable option. Is there any trick I can use to disable objects without touching the existing KN5 file?

CSP does provide a "[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_X] HIDE=" option, but it doesn't work on physical meshes. By adding a new KN5 I can override the texture, but the mesh won't be overridden even if a different object with the same name exists.

At the moment, my solution to overcoming barriers is to build a bridge over them. This works, but it's an ugly solution.

I'm working on some traffic layouts for road tracks which I'll share on RD once done. Sometimes there's not enough space for the AI to make a safe U-turn, and I'd like to get rid of objects like barriers for a better U-turn point. Releasing a modified KN5 is not an acceptable option. Is there any trick I can use to disable objects without touching the existing KN5 file?

CSP does provide a "[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_X] HIDE=" option, but it doesn't work on physical meshes. By adding a new KN5 I can override the texture, but the mesh won't be overridden even if a different object with the same name exists.

At the moment, my solution to overcoming barriers is to build a bridge over them. This works, but it's an ugly solution.
Model replacements won’t work with physical meshes, it’s a limitation in place so people won’t cheat online

any trick I can use to disable objects without touching the existing KN5 file?
Sometimes if the wall is perpendicular to the road defining a paragraph in "surfaces.ini" for the 1WALL*** object will let you drive smoothly through and then it is a matter of replacing the shader with CSP config to make the mesh invisible ("ksSky" works always). From my experience each wall object needs to have its own paragraph and the name for "KEY=" should be copy/paste in full. If you define surface with "KEY=WALL" all restrictions stop functioning and that may lead to cars falling under the track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back