Is there a way to change the sponsors of the tracks?

The adverts are in the Reiza Common Folder, which is located under "Locations". You have to open the mas files with a mas editor or extractor. Easy to find, just google for gmotor 2.0 mas utility. It is just an exe. Then you can extract the adds.dds - files, work on them in Photoshop or an other painting software, reload them to the mas and create a new one. No big thing.
Some add on - tracks like Adelaide have their adverts within their own locations folder. You have to open the textures.mas - file there.

Did not play AMS online often, but never had problems with mismatches, because when you just alter a . dds file, the game does not care about it.
Be sure to backup the original files, in case that something goes wrong.

After packing a new mas, the program tends to crash on my system. If this happens, don't panic, just close it and reopen. Will instantly work again with the next file.

Have fun.

Sorry, Jimmy4d. One information was completely wrong. The add on tracks have their adverts within the Reiza Common folder, too. It is a long time ago that I worked on the adverts of my game, so I mistook something. ;)

yes
1) open the file with the mas extractor. then you see all dds-files of the mas. the files you need have all a name with "advertisment" in it. 3 or 4 files. mark them and choose "edit" and "extract". so you can save theses files to a new folder.

2) change these adds in your painting software like photoshop and save them again in your new folder as dds.
one thing: when you save the dds in photoshop, choose the option "DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha", so also the alpha layers will be saved correctly.
Unbenannt-2.jpg

3) import these new files to the mas. so reopen the mas with the extractor and choose "edit" "add files". final step is to save the mas. ("file" "save as..."). now, a new mas with your altered dds gets generated. always save the original file before you do such things!

the following mas-files have adverts:
AdPack1970.MAS
AdPack1970old.MAS
AdPack1980.MAS
AdPack1980old.MAS
AdPackAdelaide.MAS
AdPackDrift.mas
AdPackFTruck.MAS
AdPackHock01.MAS
AdPackHock16.MAS
AdPackHock77.MAS
AdPackHock88.MAS
AdPackInternational.MAS
AdPackMits.MAS
AdPackStockcar.MAS

you find them under gamedata/locations/reizacommon.

there is also a file called AdPackGeneric.MAS. for some reason i don't know, my game has problems when i have changes within that one. then, some tracks do not show up in the game menu anymore. so i just kept the original one. all other mas-files can be changed without problems.

cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes