Is there a pacecar and driver swaps in ACC?

Hi there,
comming back to ACC as i consider it one of the best sim around.
1- will there be a pace car and full yellow in the future?
2- i see driver swap but when i clic "driver swap" nothing happens ?

If you want to swap your driver in singleplayer races, you need to configure your pit stop accordingly in the Multi Functional Display (MFD) menu. You simply need to select the driver that should drive in the next stint, and he will automatically enter the car during your next pit stop.

Last edited:
- strange as in real there is pace car and full course yellow
Quite a discussed topic over the years! The issue is that it's pretty time consuming to code and for the teams and drivers it's seen as a "sadly there's no way to get rid of the safety car".

It would be immersive to have a SC in the sim too but it's basically seen like "thanks to no real people needing to go onto the track, we don't need a SC in the virtual world"

It's exciting for spectators when the field gets bunched up and sometimes lucky for your favorite driver but overall it's an inconsistency and pure luck who gets an advantage.

I personally like safety cars etc, but I don't drive eSports, I only race for fun in friendly communities, so random mixing up would be some nice addition.
But developers time goes into what's important for the business and that's professional eSports right now from what I see happening with real drivers racing in the virtual series.

Investing dev time into something for the "casual crowd" doesn't seem to be financially attractive right now.

I tryed to swap after 5 laps to see what happens, so > MFD > swap driver and i chose the second driver of the team (its the only one in the list) and i go to pit, stop the motor and wait in the car, and nothing happens, the car stays still.
i look at the drivers board and i see the name of my team mate and i see a P at the right side, i think it means "at the pit". do we as players have to do the other stint by ourself ? i thought the sim should drive my mate's car, no? or maybe it only works in race session?

Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Offline, you change driver name but you have to go on driving.
ACC is not GTR2 where the AI driver is able to take your own place.

So, if you wish a real driver swap, it's only possible Online in organized league or specialized groups events or own private server with a friend ( but add AI online with ACC is not possible )

There are a few leagues that do manual safety systems, but requires live stewards and some good organisation. In Australia, Octane Online Racing use it very well - Look them up on Youtube to see how they do it. Parade lap is lead out with a SC, and then holds in pit if a SC is called by the Race Director...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%