Is it possible to do separate qualifying in a multiclass grid?

Hi guys,
recently I've decided to run GTR2 again and after downloading some WEC mods I've managed to set up a full grid of Hypercar, LMP2 and GTE (pro and am). I give it a try around Sebring and in qualifying it was a mess, with the faster cars unable to set a representative lap time because of the traffic of slower cars. So my question is, is it possible to do separate qualifying when you run a multiclass grid? Like Quali1 only for GTE, and Quali2 only for Hypercar and LMP2.
Thanks for eventual answers!

Last edited:
Yeah, this year even Hypercars and LMP2s do separate quali. That's a good idea imo, especially to avoid traffic and chaos in smaller tracks like sebring
Bone of contention here, mixed qualifying gives us an idea of how drivers cope with slower/faster traffic, and in games/sims shows us where AI falls flat or devs don't seem to have bothered too much,
One way in which qualifying mixed grids could be 'sorted' would be (for example 45 mins) Faster cars first 30 mins, and slower cars last 30 mins... that would necessitate 15 mins mixed, and as the slower cars would be out when the track is most 'rubbered' in, it could shake up the middle of the grid a bit, all of that though doesn't help the GTR2 problem of the OP.

When we look at sims we should perhaps consider the bigger picture and not just at the pretties, mixed qually is one that often gets missed, and another point is mixed class results (Unett's multiple wins in the BTCC as an example) should be catered for rather than just outright victories.
But GTR2 is a couple of decades old now and we can only hope that GTR Revival and whoever writes new sims will take a look at the bigger picture that can keep players engaged for another couple of decades

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%