Is it possible to adjust the fuel consumption of an AI car?

Hello everyone!

I want to create a custom GTR2 championship with my favorite car mods. But it turned out that these cars have massive fuel consumption difference: for example, Audi R8 LMS Ultra is able to run on a full tank almost twice as long as Lambo Huracan GT3 can. This will obvioulsly affect their pit strategies during long races: one car will go to the pits twice more frequently than another. So is there a way to adjust fuel consumption manually in the mod files?

You can, but it will affect the car when you drive it also. In the car's .eng file edit the "FuelConsumption=" line.
Hi, sorry for late response, but I tested it, and I can say that it doesn't affect the car at all — regardless of whether it's an AI car or you play yourself. All I gotta do to make a car save more fuel is to decrease the first number in the line. For example, if the fuel consumption formula is "FuelConsumption=3.51e-5", I edit it to "FuelConsumption=3.00e-5". Such difference saves around a 0.5 litre per lap depending on the track. But, to repeat, I didn't notice any significant changes neither in the car behaviour nor in the lap times.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I want to create a custom GTR2 championship with my favorite car mods. But it turned out that these cars have massive fuel consumption difference: for example, Audi R8 LMS Ultra is able to run on a full tank almost twice as long as Lambo Huracan GT3 can. This will obvioulsly affect their pit strategies during long races: one car will go to the pits twice more frequently than another. So is there a way to adjust fuel consumption manually in the mod files?
If you are having cars Audi/Lambo with the same engine with different pit strategies it's because of one of two 'maybe' three reasons.
I the HDC file you will find that the Fuel tank size may be different, or the starting fuel may be different, or in the Engine File that the Consumption may be different.
My suggestion is (make a back-up) and duplicate any or all of those for the other car.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies